Hello everyone I have a question for you. Is it possible to activate the sound on the fisical keyboard like the sound you hear when you touch the display keyboard?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-15 09:28 AM
    yes on which device?
    05-27-15 10:09 AM
    On my BlackBerry Passport
    05-27-15 11:14 AM
    So? How do I do that? Of course if it's possible...

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 01:10 AM
    Don't think that it is possible. You already have a tactical sound press.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 02:28 AM
    Why would you want both the physical keyboard and the speakers to make noises when you type?

Posted via  Z30 STA100-2 | 10.3.2.680
    05-29-15 02:54 AM
    Maybe because I am used to constant sound of the keys and also because I guess is strange to type and have on and off sounds between the two keyboard and sometimes it makes the typing more comfortable when you hear a constant sound that is not stopped because you switch the keyboars... I don't know but for me it seems more logic to have a choice to switch it on and off as I wish... otherwise it can feel a little bit Appleish if the choices are taken a little bit away. And we don't want that do we?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-15 04:50 PM
    No, you cannot make the physical keyboard sound like a touch screen keyboard. You can silence the touch screen keyboard though.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    05-30-15 11:36 AM
    Maybe because I am used to constant sound of the keys and also because I guess is strange to type and have on and off sounds between the two keyboard and sometimes it makes the typing more comfortable when you hear a constant sound that is not stopped because you switch the keyboars... I don't know but for me it seems more logic to have a choice to switch it on and off as I wish... otherwise it can feel a little bit Appleish if the choices are taken a little bit away. And we don't want that do we?

Posted via CB10
    I guess they didn't include it because it's a bit silly. The virtual keyboard 'feedback' sound is meant to mimic the physical keyboard sound. If you have a physical keyboard then why would you mimic a physical keyboard sound if it's 'already there'?

I see your point about consistency, in practice the virtual keyboard feedback sound is not really that similar to the physical keyboard 'click'. However the fact that they didn't include it is probably more of a "why should we?" than a "we know what's better." type of decision.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-15 11:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    I hear what you're saying, but the faked "simulated key sound" on a virtual device is kind of weird when you have the real thing.

That's like wanting an electronic shutter sound on a real camera that has a shutter.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    05-30-15 11:47 AM