Hi folks,

Sorry for bothering you, but I can't just take this decision on my own.

I just want to buy a BlackBerry Z10 device, but can't figure out if it is good for me. For now I've Sony Xperia C, Nokia Lumia 625, and Lg Optimus L9. These devices are great in their own specially Lg's. But I'm just bored with Android and Windows. Though Android's app market is much stronger but I don't like the way Android works -- its architecture. And moreover after 1 year Android devices start to show their ages. Windows phone is also good but lacks some good apps that Android has.

I currently have Spice Mi350n, those 3 devices are in possession of my family members Mom, Pop, and younger Bro respectively :-). I watched this review on youtube BlackBerry Z10 Review - YouTube and I think the phone is cool. I like its gesture interface (similar to Jolla phone, but it hasn't launched in India yet). At least it is different from Android and Windows for some level, thanks to BlackBerry OS 10. I also watched some videos from BlackBerry.com about the device. I think phone is fit for me, but not quite sure as I also considered Lava Iris Pro 30, the budget and slick Android smart phone, other rivals are Intex's Firefox phone, and Amazon's Fire. But again Lava has Android and good apps support, but I must say phone is awesome.

What I use a phone for? Book reading (.chm and .pdf files). Reading office docs (xslx, docx, pptx). Listening great music (good rock, alternative rock, pop and other genres, old hindi Bollywood songs too (I'm from India) :-)). Watching videos (movies and camera shot films made with the device camera). Snapping pictures with friends and family and some level of natural environment. Checking mails. Doing social with Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, StubleUpon, and some other (all Android apps). My current phone doesn't support WhatsApp so will do that too on my new phone. Playing games. Maps and Navigation (Google maps and navigation apps or HERE maps of NOKIA). Download mp3, videos (TubeMate Android app) and pictures from web. Watch YouTube videos (YouTube Android app). Listen online songs (Gaana.com Android app). Loves Firefox, MX Player and TrackID (all Android apps). Use native carrer like AirTel messaging facility (The well know Android threads in Message app)

I don't want a big screen, that's why I selected Z10 instead of Z30. I think 4.2" are fine for operating with single hand.

What do I do? I'm a Software Engineer, know everything about technology (I'm not a dumb person!).

Here in my locality is a BlackBerry showroom where I can buy it from. But can you please tell me if BlackBerry is good for me? One last note is I've never used a BlackBerry before!

Looking forward for your help and making me to buy a BlackBerry first time folks.
    06-20-14 09:42 AM
    Hi folks,

I don't want a big screen, that's why I selected Z10 instead of Z30. I think 4.2" are fine for operating with single hand.

What do I do? I'm a Software Engineer, know everything about technology (I'm not a dumb person!).

Here in my locality is a BlackBerry showroom where I can buy it from. But can you please tell me if BlackBerry is good for me? One last note is I've never used a BlackBerry before!

Looking forward for your help and making me to buy a BlackBerry first time folks.
    I have both the Z10 and the Z30 and I don't use the Z10 anymore. The Z30 and flip shell case fits perfectly in a soft eye glass case and into my pocket. Extremely easy to use and the extra screen size does make for a very enjoyable experience. 10.2 is fantastic cannot wait to see what 10.3 brings.
    06-20-14 09:59 AM
    If you can avoid a STL100-1 and buy the other Z10 models that is compatible with your network I think that would help you alot. I hear that the STL1 as issues with battery calibrations.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-20-14 10:18 AM
    you are right
    06-20-14 10:44 AM