Everytime I tried to transfer files from my Passport to Z10, a message "File Transfer Interrupted" would always appear on my Z10 and a message "Bluetooth Transfer Cancelled" would appear on my Passport. This always happened eventhough I did nothing to cancel the transfer other than to receive it. Would you care to assist in this problem?

Pasaporte Pinas
    09-12-16 05:37 AM
    Interesting... I also have had this error before too and would happen when trying to transfer files between phones via NFC. What has worked for me though is if I used WIFI-direct to make the transfer. This, of course, assumes that you have the two devices on the same wireless network.

I wish I could tell you the root cause of the issue. But hopefully this will give you a workaround though.
    09-12-16 09:27 AM
    Interesting... I also have had this error before too and would happen when trying to transfer files between phones via NFC. What has worked for me though is if I used WIFI-direct to make the transfer. This, of course, assumes that you have the two devices on the same wireless network.

I wish I could tell you the root cause of the issue. But hopefully this will give you a workaround though.
    The aforementioned problem occurs when transferring files from Passport to Z10 and not the other way around.

Pasaporte Pinas
    09-12-16 10:06 AM

Wifi-direct doesn't need both devices to be on the same wireless network.

It makes a "direct" connection from device to device without needing to be on the same network.

It's very fast and reliable.
    Specially when transferring very large files from the Q10 to my Passport.

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    09-12-16 10:33 AM
    Wifi-direct doesn't need both devices to be on the same wireless network.

Wow. Seriously? I learn something new every day. Thanks for the correction. I assumed the WiFi in the name "WiFi-Direct" meant that you had to be on the same wireless network.

Good to know.
    09-12-16 11:35 AM
    How exactly does this work? I have my phone (Blackberry Passport) and my tablet both connected to wifi, but when I select a file on my phone to send via wifi, my phone just searches and searches endlessly for another device. My phone and tablet are both connected to the same wifi.

Also, when I try to send the file using Bluetooth, my phone finds my tablet (they are paired), but I get an error message "Failed to Find Service".

Last part of my file transfer question:
    How can I embed a link to Google Drive with a link to files that are too large to email? It is automatic embedded into emails on my tablet / laptops, but it does not embed into my emails automatically on my phone, and I cannot figure out how to do it manually.

Thanks for any help for these problems. I will be creating lots of files, some of them large, on my phone and I would like to be able to transfer them quickly and easily a few times a week.
    10-28-16 07:13 PM