I have had this problem off and on since I got my Z30 (also Z10's). I have the latest software, etc. Have spoken for hours with BB tech support (no one knows what to do or how to even run the app) - I open file manager and go to my office computer as one of the computers that I have remote access to, when either on wi-fi or using Verisons 4g service. I click on my office computer and the screen comes up, the little circle goes round and round and then the screen goes dark. Two days ago, at the office when hooked up to the computer with a usb, it opened all the files on the office computer. Would not do it without the usb and now won't do it at all. Has anyone dealt with this and does anyone have any ideas. Thanks. DFS
    08-30-14 10:34 AM
    Remote File Access needs its tunnel service active and able to access the network, make sure there's no firewalls or routers blocking it from connecting out/in. You can also try power cycling your device a couple times, that's worked for me a couple times in the past.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-14 10:48 AM
    Thanks. What is strange is that it is only on my Z30 that it is not working but is working fine on two Z10's. I have turned the phone off and on a half a dozen times, done the same to Blackberry Link in settings. I have called BB's tech support and they know nothing about what I am even talking about. I don't really understand what "tunnel service" means or how you find out it is being stopped by a firewall, etc. I can get into file manager, can get the computer to open up (must like on the z10s), the little circle goes around but it never loads on the Z30 but does on the Z10s. I have no idea what to do next? But, I do thank you for trying to help. If you have any thoughts, I am open to them.
    09-01-14 07:00 AM
    Do you use the same BBID on all phones?
    09-01-14 07:41 AM
    What is bizarre is that it just started working again. No idea if this or anything other than the gods helped, but I had installed a password when I went to installing the APKs for android apps. I turned it off, rebooted the phone and it said, "computer off line." I closed file manager, reopened it and voila, it worked. I have had this problem intermittently since I got the phones. I just can't figure out what causes it or cures it. Now the test will be when I leave the house where I have wi-fi and try and use it just on cellular service. Thanks again. DFS
    09-01-14 07:50 AM
    Thanks. What is strange is that it is only on my Z30 that it is not working but is working fine on two Z10's. I have turned the phone off and on a half a dozen times, done the same to Blackberry Link in settings. I have called BB's tech support and they know nothing about what I am even talking about. I don't really understand what "tunnel service" means or how you find out it is being stopped by a firewall, etc. I can get into file manager, can get the computer to open up (must like on the z10s), the little circle goes around but it never loads on the Z30 but does on the Z10s. I have no idea what to do next? But, I do thank you for trying to help. If you have any thoughts, I am open to them.
    I have to repeat kbuzz's question upon reading this, do all three devices use the same BBID? It's very apparent now that it's not a network issue or firewall, but specific to the device(s). If all three are using the same BBID then it's a software issue on the Z30.
    09-01-14 08:52 AM
    Make sure you're signed in with your BBID in Link and add a firewall exception for all BlackBerry processes that run on your computer.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-14 08:58 AM