I have a script on one of my servers that unlocks all locked out accounts in AD. I can see the file on my phone via work drives, however I can't execute it. Of course I could use an rdp app then execute it on the server that way but I was hoping to have a one tap solution right from my phone.

So far I have only been able to find information for app developers that doesn't really solve my issue. Can anyone tell me if this is even possible and if so, how do I set it up?

In case you are wondering I am using a BES10 Server and I have work drives setup via work mode so I don't have to vpn in to access files. I would prefer the solution to work in work mode so I don't have to vpn in but that is a minor issue and I can vpn in if needed.

Thanks in advance.
    07-17-14 03:50 PM
    I sent an alert to our BES users on the team to try and get you some help with your question as soon as possible, it isn't being ignored.
    07-17-14 04:00 PM
    I don't know how much help you'll really be able to get since there's no Windows binaries in BlackBerry 10 so you would have to run the batch file from a Windows environment.

Here's hoping though that our BES gurus have a better answer for you though.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 04:59 PM
    I'm the OP, just created an account. I understand about the windows binaries, but hopefully there is a way to send a command from the phone to tell the server to execute the batch. Kind of like patrols does with remote machines.

I'm probably hoping for something that's not physically possible but thought it was worth am ask.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 05:13 PM
    I meant to say pstools not patrols. Auto correct and not proofing my message. Sorry.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 05:14 PM
    I understand about the windows binaries, but hopefully there is a way to send a command from the phone to tell the server to execute the batch. Kind of like patrols does with remote machines.
    The only way I can imagine to do this would be a permanently looping task running on the server which looks for the presence of a specific named trigger file to cause the script to be launched. You simply need to drop the trigger file when you want the script to run. I think it should be possible to do this with a simple MSDOS batch file, something like this logic:

//Start loop
    If {
    exist (trigger file)
    delete trigger file
    call unlock-script
    }
    // wait 15 minutes (900 seconds) and go back to the top
    sleep 900
    loop
    // end
    07-17-14 08:58 PM
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. This suggested loop will work for what I'm trying to do. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 09:27 AM
    In case anyone else is looking to do this, we ended up creating a citrix app that logs in, runs the unlock script and then logs out.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 09:51 AM
    So you couldn't run is as a scheduled task?
    07-18-14 09:59 AM
    In case anyone else is looking to do this, we ended up creating a citrix app that logs in, runs the unlock script and then logs out.

Posted via CB10
    If you have Citrix available for remote access this is a better solution than a looping script. One less task permanently running, one less thing to go wrong.
    rthonpm likes this.
    07-19-14 07:25 AM