I removed my media card from my z10 to put in my new bbclassic, I forgot to decrypt it and have already wiped the z10, is there any hope to restore the media card?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 01:56 PM
    highly doubtful theres a reason why security is good on blackberry
    03-30-15 01:59 PM
    Thanks for taking the question,guess I will start over.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 02:04 PM
    try doing a google search to make sure before formatting though
    03-30-15 02:07 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

Did you use the Device Switch function of BB Link to change devices? If so, what does it tell you when you try to decrypt on the Classic?

If you're not getting anywhere with that and you still have the Z10 and have a BB Link Backup for it, restore the Z10 and switch back to it. Just restoring the small Settings portion is probably good enough.

Decrypt the media card in your Z10 then switch back to your new Classic again. And of course, Security Wipe the Z10 again as well.
    03-30-15 02:07 PM
    Fixed the little thread title typo for you.
    03-30-15 02:08 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. Makes it easier for others to help you.

Did you use the Device Switch function of BB Link to change devices? If so, what does it tell you when you try to decrypt on the Classic?

If you're not getting anywhere with that and you still have the Z10 and have a BB Link Backup for it, restore the Z10 and switch back to it. Just restoring the small Settings portion is probably good enough.

Decrypt the media card in your Z10 then switch back to your new Classic again. And of course, Security Wipe the Z10 again as well.
    Would love to hear if that restore method helped salvage the info on the card.

On a side-note, the device model is ok, but would highly recommend against the advice of updating your profile with location and carrier, just because of online security "best practices".
    If that info becomes necessary in order to be helped, then do it, but not just right off the bat.

Even accessing CB only when using a VPN might be a good idea.
    *Tin foil hat off*
    Lol

[Hopefully NOT edited by admin to be fair lol. ] Frosty White Q10/10.3.1.2708 CB10
    04-03-15 04:12 PM