We have an 'outbox' and 'sent items' folders... Where do the emails go after you send them? I find there is always a bit of a lag before they come back to me. It's not the biggest of issues at all but I am really just curious. On my PC, when I send an email, but before the server pushes it through, it sits in the outbox. On BB10, it seems like the outbox is only where my drafts sit and when I send them, they vanish for a little while and I have no idea where they go.

Anyone else notice this? Anyone have any information as to 'where' they go or why?

Thanks!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    03-06-15 10:53 AM
    They are held in temporary storage. It seems interesting. What email server do you use and how do you connect?

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 12:05 PM
    Last time I checked, ethers dissolve pretty much everything including emails !

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 12:22 PM
    They are held in temporary storage. It seems interesting. What email server do you use and how do you connect?

Posted via CB10
    I have a gmail address for my personal emails and a Telus hosted webmail for my business. Both are IMAP from what I can tell and I have them both set up to use 'push' and sync only once every 24 hours.
    I really don't know the difference between types of servers and whatnot which is why I've asked. It's not a huge deal as I've gotten used to it, meaning I don't nearly as often have that 'oh crap, did I send that or delete it?!' moment.
    I just wondered if anyone else has noticed this or if it's just me? And am I mistaken to think that the 'temporary storage' that you refer to would logically be one and the same as the outbox?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    03-08-15 11:57 PM
    I've just had all my email disappear from all email addresses as a of 17:00 this afternoon Any ideas on what might be causing this ?

Posted from my awesome HUB enabled  Z10
    03-09-15 03:26 PM
    I've just had all my email disappear from all email addresses as a of 17:00 this afternoon Any ideas on what might be causing this ?

Posted from my awesome HUB enabled  Z10
    So there was never a solution to this issue which I believe was originally reported back in 2013? This just happened to me as well. Inbox emails from both accounts, call log and text messages all just disappeared from my z10 which I've had for 2 weeks now.
    03-30-15 02:48 AM