Hi Everyone,

I bought a Priv on eBay that was listed as New TMobile Priv, Unlocked

The seller hasn't shipped it even though 6 days have passed since I paid them.

I emailed asking if everything was ok with my order, and their response was:

"I am waiting to get the unlock code for the Blackberry. I Should get it buy tomorrow and have it shipped by Friday."

Does it make sense that an item listed as new would need an unlock code? Or is there something I should be aware of?

The listing stated new, it did not state open box...currently locked..... or any information other than new and unlocked.

Should I try to cancel the transaction?

Thanks for any advice.
    08-10-16 11:50 PM
    i would... if the seller wasn't honest about these basic conditions, do you really want to trust this person? sometimes, cheaper it's worse... better to pay more to a full-honest/accurate listing from a respectable seller than saving money with a dishonest/unclear person...

Hi Everyone,

I bought a Priv on eBay that was listed as New TMobile Priv, Unlocked

The seller hasn't shipped it even though 6 days have passed since I paid them.

I emailed asking if everything was ok with my order, and their response was:

"I am waiting to get the unlock code for the Blackberry. I Should get it buy tomorrow and have it shipped by Friday."

Does it make sense that an item listed as new would need an unlock code? Or is there something I should be aware of?

The listing stated new, it did not state open box...currently locked..... or any information other than new and unlocked.

Should I try to cancel the transaction?

Thanks for any advice.
    raino and pkcable like this.
    08-11-16 12:26 AM
    Just to make sure I'm not out of place about it.... is there any valid reason someone would need an unlock code from BlackBerry if a phone is new advertised as unlocked?

Or does the fact that they need an unlock code mean the phone is used?
    08-11-16 12:41 AM
    I recently bought a supposedly new unlocked and unbranded Classic from BBStore here in Sydney, Aus. BBStore is not affiliated with Blackberry in any way.

Anyway, what turned up was a AT&T branded and locked Classic. I was furious!! They supplied me with the unlock key, and they also now have to supply me with the international charging plugs and a new unbranded rear cover.

So, to answer your question, yes - an unlocked phone can be brand new - mine was. But it's curious that they haven't gotten the unlock code by now.

My suggestion - get the imei from them and then do a search to see if the phone has been reported stolen. I don't know the website that you would search that from, but I'm sure that someone in the Forums will.

Good luck!
    pkcable likes this.
    08-11-16 03:51 AM
    If you got it off ebay, file a complaint with ebay and they will take care of it. No the seller don't make sense at all. I have been on eBay since 1998 so I know the in and out.

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    08-11-16 04:56 AM
    Just to make sure I'm not out of place about it.... is there any valid reason someone would need an unlock code from BlackBerry if a phone is new advertised as unlocked?

Or does the fact that they need an unlock code mean the phone is used?
    It doesn't necessarily mean it was used, but it sounds to me like they were counting their chickens before they had hatched. This could be a BNIB, branded (locked) TMO Priv which was misrepresented by the seller as unlocked. Now they're trying to buy their time and get the unlock code...except BB ain't the place to get it. TMO is.

Something to keep in mind, since this is a TMO branded phone: if the original buyer bought this on EIP (payment plan,) if they stop making payments on the phone or have insurance on it and report it as lost, TMO will brick it. And given this first impression of this seller...

I would just cancel this purchase.
    pkcable and gallopiton like this.
    08-11-16 09:42 PM
    It should be unlocked already, seller shouldnt have to unlock! If I was the buyer, I would get a full refund, once received, file a complaint with ebay

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    pkcable likes this.
    08-11-16 10:04 PM
    If you are buying a new unlocked phone, it's best to order it directly from Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    pkcable likes this.
    08-12-16 08:42 AM
    All of the above! And.....

eBay seller says they are waiting for unlock code from BlackBerry-monty-python-run-away.jpg
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    08-12-16 09:14 AM
    OP, pay attention to what he is mentioning... just for peace of mind, I would return it and ask for refund... hope all work out well for you...

It doesn't necessarily mean it was used, but it sounds to me like they were counting their chickens before they had hatched. This could be a BNIB, branded (locked) TMO Priv which was misrepresented by the seller as unlocked. Now they're trying to buy their time and get the unlock code...except BB ain't the place to get it. TMO is.

Something to keep in mind, since this is a TMO branded phone: if the original buyer bought this on EIP (payment plan,) if they stop making payments on the phone or have insurance on it and report it as lost, TMO will brick it. And given this first impression of this seller...

I would just cancel this purchase.
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-12-16 11:05 AM
    Depending on the price of the phone, this seller may not be trustworthy. You should report them to ebay to save other from having to experience this nonsense. The phone should be ready to go as soon as purchased. The seller falsely advertised it as new, but they have to open up the box and use the phone to unlock it. I also bought my phone from Ebay. It was a bidding war on a brand new unlocked Blackberry Priv. It was a gift someone didn't want so I bought it. It was previously a Telus phone but the seller already had it unlocked and all of this was found in their description. Stick with trustworthy sellers, and you won't be disappointed.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    pkcable likes this.
    08-12-16 11:15 AM