I have for several days now the problem, that my DTEK60 is suddenly slowing down. Everything is then in slow-motion. I close the apps via the task manager, but it doesn't help. Even if I press the power button, it last several seconds until the screen turns off. Until now the only solution is to restart. But after some time the problem is again there.
    02-04-17 04:14 AM
    Clear data and dalvik/art cache?
    02-04-17 02:54 PM
    1) settings / storage / internal / cached data
    2) reboot by holding down power button until it restarts
    02-04-17 03:30 PM
    Thanks for the help. But to clean the cache helps only for a few hours, then the phone again slows down.
    03-18-17 04:46 AM
    Thanks for the help. But to clean the cache helps only for a few hours, then the phone again slows down.
    Android

via Passport OG
    03-18-17 04:57 AM
    Well, I was never a fan of Android. But I wanted to give Blackbarry a chance. Though the other Android phones I had, didn't have this extreme slowing down.
    03-25-17 03:42 AM
    Try also moving all media to sd card. Re pictures, videos, etc
    03-25-17 06:11 AM
    You can also following @conite suggestion also erase data. Settings , storage, internal, apps. Then go into each app and clear data. This will resort app to status when you first installed so you will have to check any settings you had saved again. Good luck
    03-25-17 06:16 AM
    Android

via Passport OG
    Very helpful answer. 😠
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-25-17 06:17 AM
    Very helpful answer. 😠
    It's the core answer to the issue. Everything else is a workaround for the problem. But look on the bright side, you got apps and infinite number of updates.

We could go technical here and why Android performance degrades over time much like Windows, both from different reasons, but most likely you have an app that has loads of content and doesn't handle cache properly or its incompatible with something on your phone or Android all together. Put your DTEK to factory settings and install proven apps one by one first to see how phone is behaving. Then gradually introduce unnecessary apps which you can live without to see if there are noticeable performance drops.
    03-25-17 06:32 AM
    It's the core answer to the issue. Everything else is a workaround for the problem. But look on the bright side, you got apps and infinite number of updates.

We could go technical here and why Android performance degrades over time much like Windows, both from different reasons, but most likely you have an app that has loads of content and doesn't handle cache properly or its incompatible with something on your phone or Android all together. Put your DTEK to factory settings and install proven apps one by one first to see how phone is behaving. Then gradually introduce unnecessary apps which you can live without to see if there are noticeable performance drops.
    Here to help fellow CrackBerry users and period. I will not make conclusions, debates, etc on this OS or other. User has a question and tried to help that's all. If want to have a debate on OS, eco systems, etc can do that elsewhere.
    Because in its day I received help here with my questions was able to carry out my business and help my family. People who I will never probably meet in my life who took time to answer with HELP. So easy and so helpful.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    03-25-17 06:42 AM
    Here to help fellow CrackBerry users and period. I will not make conclusions, debates, etc on this OS or other. User has a question and tried to help that's all. If want to have a debate on OS, eco systems, etc can do that elsewhere.
    Because in its day I received help here with my questions was able to carry out my business and help my family. People who I will never probably meet in my life who took time to answer with HELP. So easy and so helpful.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. I remember finally signing up for crackberry back when I needed help and so many people in the community were willing to help a noob like myself with all my storm issues. Lol time flies but the community has stayed fairly helpful over the years. I can't imagine why your dtek60 is slowing down. I have a g5 with practically the same specs list and have not had slow down troubles once. The 820 is a very smooth performer. I'd say it's one of your apps that has a lot of background activity causing your troubles. And I use the blackberry suite and keyboard on my g5 ..
    03-25-17 12:18 PM
    Thanks for the answers. I will try it with a hard reset.
    03-25-17 04:39 PM
    Try to see which app is taking a lot of memory... maybe you can pin point the offender...

Thanks for the answers. I will try it with a hard reset.
    03-25-17 06:28 PM
    The Deezer app, a music streaming app, had several GB data of cache. I hope the performance of the DTEK60 will be now better.
    03-26-17 07:56 AM