I am anxiously awaiting the announcement of the DTEK60. Now that my Android Apps are dying on my Passport, I hope to be able to work with a new BB that will support them.

Can you help me with the following. I would really like to have an FM radio in my new daily driver. As far as I can tell the DTEK60 has the ability to support that but will most likely not be activated. If so, is there a way to circumvent this? And yes I know that there are wonderful radio apps (like TuneIn) but I really want to have an FM radio that is supported over the air.

Alternatively I could go for for instance a LG G5 and run the BB suite (including the Priv keyboard and the DTEK app). Any thoughts about that?
    10-07-16 01:03 PM
    I am anxiously awaiting the announcement of the DTEK60. Now that my Android Apps are dying on my Passport, I hope to be able to work with a new BB that will support them.

Can you help me with the following. I would really like to have an FM radio in my new daily driver. As far as I can tell the DTEK60 has the ability to support that but will most likely not be activated. If so, is there a way to circumvent this? And yes I know that there are wonderful radio apps (like TuneIn) but I really want to have an FM radio that is supported over the air.

Alternatively I could go for for instance a LG G5 and run the BB suite (including the Priv keyboard and the DTEK app). Any thoughts about that?
    I'm not sure it will have it. It's not used very often, so might not be available, a shame because while I don't use it much, it's nice to have.

The G5 is unfortunately a bad device. Not to disparage LG, but the G5 is not their best effort. A better LG would be the V20. Otherwise the HTC10 is fantastic, there are other manufacturers as well, personally I'm picking up a Huawei Honor 8 soon.

Finally, hub+ is great, and I'm planning on using it on my Huawei as well. However, those two apps specifically, dtek and keyboard, are not part of hub+. So keep that in mind.

They keyboard can be installed as an apk. But the dtek app needs deeper system hooks, and won't work well on other devices.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    10-07-16 01:31 PM
    Hi John, thank you for your reply. I really like my next phone to have both a fingerprint scanner as an FM radio. As far as I can tell neither LG V20, HTC10 nor Honor 8 have the latter. Let's hope that the FM radio will be enabled.
    10-07-16 01:57 PM
    Hi John, thank you for your reply. I really like my next phone to have both a fingerprint scanner as an FM radio. As far as I can tell neither LG V20, HTC10 nor Honor 8 have the latter. Let's hope that the FM radio will be enabled.
    American carriers have this thing where they dislike having the radios enabled, leading to manufacturers not bothering to add the drivers for it.

You might be better off just getting a small portable radio, or using a BB10 device.

Otherwise, I believe Huawei still has the radio enabled, particularly in their unlocked units. Although, that might only be for a few models.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    10-07-16 09:26 PM