Has anyone here that has used Cobalt's Google Play store downloaded and used the drop cam app? I have a friend who is monitoring his mother here in California from Indianapolis and her care and he needs to see and view his mother from time to time from his Q10 phone. (not just when home on his ipad)

We tried logging into his account on my Z30 and Passport from the browser but received the need for Flash. Which is confusing (not because BlackBerry no longer supports) but that the app works on his ipad.

I have not personally added the Google Play on my BlackBerry devices but need to help him get this working on his Q10 or he is considering a different device.

Thank you in advance.

Z30-simply the best touch screen BlackBerry
    06-03-15 08:25 AM
    I have the drop cam app on my Z30 which I downloaded from the Snap app. When first opening the app, it will flash a box that says Google Play Services needed. Just touch outside the box on the screen and it will display your cams.
    06-03-15 08:46 AM
    Awesome and thank you. I just downloaded Cobalt's Google Play store (awesome and easy) and tried it as well.

Now I just need to get my friend to update his Verizon Q10 from 10.2.1 to the latest 10.3.2 using a blitz file and Sachesi. I will go look for a comprehensive, easy to understand thread to help him do so.

Z30-simply the best touch screen BlackBerry
    06-03-15 09:10 AM