I understand that the new DTEK60 has Android software but I'm wondering if (because it's a new BB phone) it will operate more like a Z10/Z30 or will it just be very similar to an Android on a Blackberry phone.
    Currently, I have a new Samsung S7 Edge and only switched from BB because certain apps I needed were not available on BB. I really miss how easy the BB10 OS was to use so I'm hoping the new DTEK60 will give me the ease of use and logical set up of the BB10 OS plus access to all the android apps.
    I have downloaded every available BB app on my S7 Edge but it's still nowhere as slick as the BB10 OS.
    Don't want to waste money on a new phone if it will operate similar to my S7.
    Thanks!
    11-02-16 04:37 PM
    I have downloaded every available BB app on my S7 Edge but it's still nowhere as slick as the BB10 OS.
    You answered your own question. There's nothing about BlackBerry hardware that is going to make it feel more like BlackBerry 10. It's all in the software and the only thing you're missing with Hub+ Suite is the BlackBerry keyboard. All that is to say... save your money.
    11-02-16 04:41 PM
    I understand that the new DTEK60 has Android software but I'm wondering if (because it's a new BB phone) it will operate more like a Z10/Z30 or will it just be very similar to an Android on a Blackberry phone.
    Currently, I have a new Samsung S7 Edge and only switched from BB because certain apps I needed were not available on BB. I really miss how easy the BB10 OS was to use so I'm hoping the new DTEK60 will give me the ease of use and logical set up of the BB10 OS plus access to all the android apps.
    Don't want to waste money on a new phone if it will operate similar to my S7.
    Thanks!
    it is an android phone with a very light skin - it is not a BB10 phone in any way.
    11-02-16 04:42 PM