An article included in our high school publication is explaining various apps available. A graphic of the icon is included in the article. For legal purposes, do we need to include a copyright symbol next to the icon graphics?
    12-07-15 07:57 AM
    An article included in our high school publication is explaining various apps available. A graphic of the icon is included in the article. For legal purposes, do we need to include a copyright symbol next to the icon graphics?
    I would suspect each and all app authors would need to be contacted to find out their copyrighting, but from what I have seen as far as online and in-print articles covering various apps, generally it is just an "app-name-by-author-name" description, even if there are images of the app icon or screen shots. You can also include a disclaimer at the end of your presentation documents along with your cited sources.
    Further, unless you are charging money for your presentation or attempting to directly discourage use or purchase of the app, I wouldn't see a reason an app author would complain as you are basically providing free advertising plus I feel it would be considered "fair use" under most copyright laws.
    12-07-15 09:24 AM