This will be a deciding factor for me in upgrading to a new BB phone and/or just jumping to android (Samsung) moving forward.
    06-03-16 05:51 PM
    No there is no Blend for PRIV. Blackberry indicated that too few people used Blend for BB10 to make that a priority effort for PRIV.
    06-03-16 06:49 PM
    Wow, I am really surprised. I use it daily and blend is what keeps me from going to android altogether.
    06-04-16 11:03 AM
    I do agree with you to 100 percent!
    06-04-16 03:54 PM
    The future is uncertain. The secret to finding peace is not in searching for answers but, rather, by becoming familiar and comfortable with that uncertainty.*

* Especially if you are a BB10 user!
    06-04-16 04:34 PM
    I have confirmed via an employee at Blackberry that Blend is a feature that's on the roadmap for being introduced but the date is not known quite yet.

Like others have said the future seems a little unknown regarding hardware business so I don't know the amount of resources that will be given.

Good luck to those involved with the project.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 03:09 PM
    I have confirmed via an employee at Blackberry that Blend is a feature that's on the roadmap for being introduced but the date is not known quite yet.

Like others have said the future seems a little unknown regarding hardware business so I don't know the amount of resources that will be given.

Good luck to those involved with the project.

Posted via CB10
    So coming soon....

Blend has been on the Android roadmap for a long time. Was one of the features of their cross platform suite of apps.

But too be honest, it's not a feature that I think Enterprise really expects. Most that had BB10 in enterprise weren't allowed to use Blend due to corporate firewall rules. So if the focus really is now on the high security enterprise niche... would that niche benefit from Blend?

There were an interview from back when the PRIV was launched that indicated that Blend was in the works. That very well may have changed and maybe your contact at BlackBerry really is in the know. It was a feature that many of us really did appreciate, and would like to see come again.

But I'd rather know that BlackBerry is working on Android N right now, and will have it out by the end of the year.
    06-10-16 03:30 PM
    So coming soon....

Blend has been on the Android roadmap for a long time. Was one of the features of their cross platform suite of apps.

But too be honest, it's not a feature that I think Enterprise really expects. Most that had BB10 in enterprise weren't allowed to use Blend due to corporate firewall rules. So if the focus really is now on the high security enterprise niche... would that niche benefit from Blend?

There were an interview from back when the PRIV was launched that indicated that Blend was in the works. That very well may have changed and maybe your contact at BlackBerry really is in the know. It was a feature that many of us really did appreciate, and would like to see come again.

But I'd rather know that BlackBerry is working on Android N right now, and will have it out by the end of the year.

To be 100% transparent the exact words were "Blend is something on the roadmap but currently does not have a date when it would come to market.*"

See what happens I guss

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 03:34 PM

Keep in mind that with BES connected devices, which most enterprise and government handsets are, the devices are inside the corporate firewall at all times. There are also additional rules for limiting Blend to the personal and/or work modes of the device.

I know of at least two companies that have also used Blend as an alternative to VPN or terminal server access for some of their employees. With the feature, there's no need to issue VPN accounts for employees who aren't considered essential, or only need access during inclement weather.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-16 04:25 AM