Hi, I'm a small business owner, and I'm thinking about buying my first ever BB (e.g., I hear they are good for business owners, and I'd like to support a CDN company).

I'd like to simply know if the BB Classic can accept mobile payments with the aid of a third party reader (e.g., Square, Payd)?

I've attempted to find the answer by calling BB's customer service, but after a few attempts that proved incredibly ineffective and quite concerning (e.g., I was given phone numbers to call that were not longer in service; I spoke with agents providing unsure answers). In addition, I've also performed a very quick scan of popular mobile payment solutions, but none so far (according to their websites) appear to support the BB10 platform. Any insights would be appreciated before I make a decision on whether to buy a BB.
    01-26-16 07:06 AM
    Purchase the BlackBerry Priv and you won't have any issues. It has Android OS. There is also an upcoming BlackBerry device to be released later this year which is somewhat similar to Classic if you can hang on.

BB10 devices can be set up with some of the payment systems currently available but most likely it will be more difficult to do so in the future. It's a great OS but was never fully adopted or supported.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 09:22 AM