HI, i use to have a bb passport and i love that cellphone, now is broken, i want to buy another one but with some rumors of bb support and thing that wassap and Facebook no longer gonna work in the bbp, don't know if bb will be obsolet, in 2017, just want to know if i can buy another bbl with my eyes closed, and if i will have a god cellphone for a few more years
    02-09-17 08:21 AM
    If you need Whatsapp and Facebook, I think you have answered your own question. You should not buy a BB10 device. I haven't moved to Android yet, but it looks like we will all have to at some point. Love the BB10 OS, but the future is Android. From what I hear, the experience on BB Android will be very close to BB10 soon (if it isn't already). I would look at that option if I were you.
    If you need Whatsapp and Facebook, I think you have answered your own question. You should not buy a BB10 device. I haven't moved to Android yet, but it looks like we will all have to at some point. Love the BB10 OS, but the future is Android. From what I hear, the experience on BB Android will be very close to BB10 soon (if it isn't already). I would look at that option if I were you.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-09-17 08:29 AM
    Passport will still be "functional". It will still be a good "cellphone".

But how useful it will be depends on how little you need it to be able to do, not sure if it will meet a modern definition of a "smartphone".

IE: Passport is a 2-1/2 old phone, with an OS that hasn't really been updated in over two years (other than one security patch) and its key for running most apps "Android Runtime" is based on an outdated version of Android that is almost five years old and is being phased out of support by many a developer these days.
    02-09-17 08:51 AM