1. CrackBerry Question's Avatar
    My BB Z30 was occidentally immersed in coffee, and now the device won't power up, and I have the dreaded red Battery with a line thru it on power up..!?

    The Z30 now displays the 'red battery' with a line thru it on power up. It won't boot up and it only gives this error message, if the device is plugged into a mains battery charger.

    Carphone Warehouse and O2 won't deal with the faulty BB Z30, as they both say that they don't deal with 'liquid damaged' handsets. Unfortunately, as the Z30 was a gift, I had forgotten to get insurance for the device too.
    10-16-14 07:07 AM
  2. Erik_1991's Avatar
    Liquid/Water damage is a pain in the ***... I don't think there is a story who has the guts to do that kind of repair job..
    Good luck with this one :S
    10-16-14 09:13 AM
  3. yellowroom's Avatar
    Water damage repair is tricky, because the liquid might have seeped in to other parts that require replacement and thus increasing the repair cost. Also they usually have 70% chance of being repaired and if you're one of the unlucky 30%, they'll likely still charge you and won't refund the cost.

    But here are some options for you:
    Link 1
    Link 2
    Link 3

    Good luck!
    10-17-14 06:58 AM

Similar Threads

  1. Some features that BlackBerry should really work on
    By Amritv in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-22-14, 12:41 AM
  2. Need help with LED notification app.
    By firosekhan in forum BlackBerry Z10
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-16-14, 07:19 AM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-14, 06:51 AM
  4. I can't receive phone calls when my z30 is locked
    By Bowman Sung in forum BlackBerry 10 OS
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-14, 05:17 AM
  5. Power Tools updated with new features and support for the Blackberry Passport
    By CrackBerry News in forum CrackBerry.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-16-14, 03:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD