Is anybody else having this problem? I can upload my excel spreadsheet, but every time I try to edit or put in new information, a screen that says "LOCKED FILE-This file is read only due to the following unsupported content:..."

I really need this app to work properly.

Joshua

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 06:54 AM
    Sounds like the spreadsheet is created with functions and formatting not currently available in Docs To Go.
    I run into this a lot at work due to some employees are on Office 2003 and others are on Office 2013, the newer version creates Excel sheets with functions and formatting that the older version can not open.
    To get around that Microsoft makes a patch for older version to be able to mostly read/write to newer and offers within the newer version to save the sheet in an older compatibility format.
    That is great for Microsoft, but an issue for third party Excel programs like Docs To Go.
    Your best bet is to try to convert the spreadsheet to an older format on the computer that created it originally or within a Microsoft Office Excel currently compatible with your spreadsheet.
    Then it should work within Docs To Go.
    02-02-15 10:02 AM
    I'm still running along the large learning curve of the new BlackBerry software, so I'm not too familiar with exactly how I would go about the process of making my office 2007 excel spreadsheet compatible with docs to go. I love my BlackBerry, so I'm hoping I can keep this phone as my main phone, but sheesh there seems to be one thing after the other. If I can get this docs to go to work I'll be the happiest man on this forum as it will exponentially impact my productivity.

Joshua

Posted via CB10
    02-02-15 01:22 PM
    Try this on your computer:
    • First make a copy of the Excel sheet, so you have the original in case something goes wrong.
    • Open that copy in Excel.
    • Click the round Office button in the upper left of the Excel program window, select Save As.
    • In the Save as type drop down, choose Excel 97-2003 Workbook (*.xls)
    • Save the file with a slightly different name, so as to not mix up the newly save file from the original.

Try opening that file in Docs To Go on your BlackBerry.

If that doesn't work, it means there is a function in the Excel sheet that is not supported by Docs To Go, for more info see:
    http://support.dataviz.com/support_i...ndroid.html#26
    1. "Sheet To Go supports the majority of Excel spreadsheet functions. If a spreadsheet contains a function not supported by Sheet To Go, the file will be locked on the handheld"
    02-02-15 02:02 PM