Best Answer

More Answers

Mar 11 2017 | 10:28 am EST joeldf

Thurask's archive is your best bet.

Don't know what you mean by "official autodownloder", but BlackBerry does not provide autoloaders themselves. They do provide the actual official OS files, and users build autoloaders from those files using one of two available tools - Sachesi and Darcy's BlackBerry Tool.

Personally, I build my own autoloaders from the BlackBerry provided OS files, so I know what I'm getting. But any autoloader you get from the archive above will be just as good.

Joel

Mar 11 2017 | 11:28 am EST thurask

Don't know what you mean by "official autodownloder", but BlackBerry does not provide autoloaders themselves.
Sadly, they do. Developer autoloaders exist, for the exceedingly implausible situation where a developer wants to develop for BB10 (unlikely) and wants to test their app for an upcoming OS release (really unlikely). These are missing almost everything from normal OSes, hence the multitude of threads complaining about missing apps and watermarks on the side of the screen. It's still the first hit on Google for "blackberry 10 autoloader" so that's probably where people are coming from.

Mar 11 2017 | 11:54 am EST joeldf

Sadly, they do. Developer autoloaders exist, for the exceedingly implausible situation where a developer wants to develop for BB10 (unlikely) and wants to test their app for an upcoming OS release (really unlikely). These are missing almost everything from normal OSes, hence the multitude of threads complaining about missing apps and watermarks on the side of the screen. It's still the first hit on Google for "blackberry 10 autoloader" so that's probably where people are coming from.
You are totally right about that and forgot all about the dreaded "developer" OS.

Joel