Some people say they love Blackberry. But when they saw rumors that Blackberry would make android Blackberry, they said that they would discard BB10 although JC said that he was committed to BB10. What is the logics behind this?
    07-13-15 02:46 PM
    Don't know. I use bb10 because it isn't android.

Posted via CB10
    sir mictol likes this.
    07-13-15 02:47 PM
    I don't know their logic, but I have loved my BlackBerry devices since Storm 1. And I love my Z10!
    07-13-15 02:50 PM
    I have had five blackberries... just committed to the Passport and not looking back. I would prefer that they stick with the BlackBerry OS but given that the industry has set out to take BlackBerry out, if keeping the devices alive comes down to switching to an Android OS, so be it. My primary love is for the devices and it would be a real shame to see the BlackBerry device go away... so that's how it works for me anyway.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 03:18 PM
    Some people say they love Blackberry. But when they saw rumors that Blackberry would make android Blackberry, they said that they would discard BB10 although JC said that he was committed to BB10. What is the logics behind this?
    Perhaps because they believe in personal choice. They chose to use BlackBerry initially and can choose when they no longer want to do so.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 03:50 PM
    I have had five blackberries... just committed to the Passport and not looking back. I would prefer that they stick with the BlackBerry OS but given that the industry has set out to take BlackBerry out, if keeping the devices alive comes down to switching to an Android OS, so be it. My primary love is for the devices and it would be a real shame to see the BlackBerry device go away... so that's how it works for me anyway.

Posted via CB10
    Huh?
    LazyEvul likes this.
    07-13-15 03:53 PM
    This ^^

That was my initial response too. In some people's mind, the whole world is out to get BlackBerry. BlackBerry bears no responsibility for their problems.

Posted via CB10
    LazyEvul likes this.
    07-13-15 04:40 PM
    I am not implying that BlackBerry bears no responsibility. They have made almost zero effort to raise consumer awareness and the fact that the they got super comfy years ago and ultimately fell behind the curve (no pun intended) is their own fault. But the app developers and distributors halting production of BlackBerry compatible apps and restricting their apps from availability on amazon (given that is the established way for BlackBerry users to get android apps) is no accident. There are still apps being made for the failed Windows Phone environment, yet tons of people worldwide use BlackBerry and almost none of the common apps are available either in a BlackBerry format or an amazon-accessible android format for BlackBerry users?? That's no accident, folks!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-15 02:00 PM