Hi, i bought the blackberry priv and I am enjoying the device a lot. its brilliant but it does somethings that make me wonder if they are hardware defects that may warrant me needing to return the phone or if its just small bugs / issues that are software related or just part of the way the priv functions.

firstly my screen does click down when I have the device closed... it only occurs on the left hand side and to be honest i can understand if this is just something to expect since it is two parts of a phone connected by a sliding mechanism. I've checked through this forum and read others having the same issue but haven't yet seen or heard about a solution that doesn't sound like a temporary fix.

secondly and more importantly (enough to have me worried) the phone screen sometimes stops responding when I am using the physical keyboard. I won't have my hands on the board anymore and the screen just won't respond properly till I close the phone again. The keyboard also seems to respond to touches even when I am not actually touching it... it causes the screen to move about a lot and will only stop when i close the device.

Other than these two issues the phone functions great and has me impressed enough to not want another device. I just want to make sure I exchange it before i'm stuck with a faulty device for 2 to 3 years.

thanks for reading all this and for any advice or info in advance.
    02-25-16 03:14 PM
    Hmm, the non responsive screen could be a software thing.

However with the clicking screen, which unfortunately seems like a common occurrence with the Priv, then I would recommend an exchange.

Hopefully it's not a pain for you to get your replacement.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    Hmm, the non responsive screen could be a software thing.

However with the clicking screen, which unfortunately seems like a common occurrence with the Priv, then I would recommend an exchange.

Hopefully it's not a pain for you to get your replacement.

Posted via -sigh- Priv. Guess we have to get used to Android guys....
    02-25-16 03:21 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply, returning is actually pretty simple for me to do till about another week passes at which point it will be much more annoying. I guess i'll just return this one for a new one. Thanks again for the heads up.
    02-25-16 03:28 PM
    I've had 3. All squeak or click to a degree. It's unlikely you'll get a good one. It's poorly built IMO

Sent via Passport SE~!
    02-25-16 08:34 PM