I've been using the blackberry curve for about 3 1/2 years. About 9 months ago, it started working really slowly, and the problem is getting worse. I replaced the battery but the Curve never regained its original alacrity. The removable memory chip/card has lots of data on it, and I'm wondering if that is the problem. I phoned Blackberry but they don't want to talk about the Curve at all. Any insight or experience would be great. Thanks.
    01-26-17 10:30 AM
    yes you should replace the memory card with a bigger and faster one

Sent from my BlackBerry 9790 using Tapatalk
    01-26-17 11:03 AM
    Well, obviously a battery has nothing to do with a phone's performance/speed. Every OS slows up as time goes by, although my Curve 9360 was still fast after two and a half years of heavy use. If you are referring to your microSD card, again no, it doesn't really affect anything but the specific apps using it (id est, the Music app or the universal search, but only really at some extent).

Now, what can actually slow up your phone are a full internal memory and... the OS itself. You should perform a backup of your phone with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, make a manual backup of your most important files too (never say never) and swap-out your SD card. Then reload the OS (if you have no idea how to do it, search for it on Google or on CrackBerry). At the end of the process, your phone should be as smooth as it used to. Formatting a device is a common procedure when the system becomes bloated and too slow.
    01-26-17 11:05 AM
    Thanks. I imagine you know what the card looks like: it's about 1/4 inch by 1/4 inch, and it slips into the back of the Curve. Where should I go to get a card with more memory? Sorry for being such a luddite.
    01-26-17 11:05 AM
    Thanks. I will try to do what you suggested, assuming I can figure that out. I'm kind of a luddite. The only things on the memory card are Word docs and photos, and I don't use the Curve except for phone; texts; emails; Word docs; and photos -- so, no listening to music, watching videos or surfing the internet. Would these factors change your assessment?
    01-26-17 11:09 AM
    You probably have a ton of photos which are filling up your device storage, external memory storage should not affect speed (but it might).

Try moving your files to a Computer and then deleting them from your phone

Posted via CB10
    01-26-17 12:54 PM