My friend sent me a text but i didn't get the original message, i received something completely different than what he sent. Is this possible? We both use BB, he has the bold while i use the Leap. His service provider is Telus and mine is Bell. This is the first time it's happened to me but i wondered if others have experienced this issue.
    01-04-16 08:13 AM
    Never experienced anything like this is my whole life's experience of heavy text messaging. Will be interesting to know your case in details.

Posted via CB10
    Never experienced anything like this is my whole life's experience of heavy text messaging. Will be interesting to know your case in details.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-16 08:16 AM
    thanks for replying, what kind of details do you need? Me thinks my friend was caught in a lie but i want to give him the benefit of the doubt. So how do i confirm he got caught and he's weasling himself out of it?
    01-04-16 11:46 AM
    I've had this happen before. No idea of how it happened, if it was the device or the carrier, if it was on my end or the other persons... there are too many variables to know and it was just on text message so it wasn't really worth an extremely deep investigation.

It was a longer message (2 'pages') and what seemed to happen was he got the first part of the intended message and then the second part of a much older message (still received from me but at a much earlier time and it was now duplicated as the second half of the new message). It caused a moment of confusion but thankfully he had the smarts to actually call to confirm what the message was supposed to say.

We showed each other our message history and, indeed, my device showed it sent what I had intended, and his received a somewhat 'scrambled' message on his end. We both shrugged it off although it was a bit weird. Technology can make mistakes too.
    01-04-16 01:55 PM