Hi all, if I remember correctly, the Facebook app on BB10 was developed by Blackberry not Facebook. I was wondering then is there a difference between the BB10 native app and the android version I can download from Amazon? If so does anyone know the differences? Is it better? I know native apps always run smoother, so does the android version have more features, possibly?

Thanks.
    08-15-14 01:07 PM
    I use both but I find myself using the android version a lot more because it does have more features and I find it works better than the native one

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 01:09 PM
    Why not try both?

I once launched Facebook on iPad and was surprised that it was intrusive in recommending new friends. Fb on my BlackBerry 10 doesn't do that. On the other hand iPad FB user interface looked snappier. I don't have experience with android FB on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 01:15 PM
    I have avoided the Android FB app like the plague. My previous smartphone was an Android with 1 GB of RAM. Out of the box everything was fine, but after a year of updates the Facebook app became too much of a RAM hog. On top of that forcing people to use the Facebook Messenger app for messages was the last straw. I like Facebook as a platform but I do not like apps that are RAM hungry and I do not like bring forced to use multiple apps to do what one app can and previously did do.

I have a BlackBerry Z30 and I know that RAM will not be an issue, but I feel like sticking to native built for BlackBerry apps. I did install the Amazon Appstore so we will see how long that lasts. I do have my eye on the Netflix app, but that is another topic.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 09:08 AM