Hello, I have a problem where I need your help, and a second question I would like to know.

I've got a problem with closing the BlackBerry Device Manager on my PC, and as a result disconnecting it from my phone.

So the Problem starts with:

I dont plug in my Z30, it's only in the same wifi network. I open BlackBerry Link, the DeviceManager recognises my Z30 and connects it. I can see it in my explorer under "Networks" and I can normally just put files on/delete files from it/move them.

After I've finished , I of course wanted to disconnect and close the Device manager.

But here is the Problem.
    I cannot close the Device manager. Right-click on it only shows me "Options", bute the "close" button is grey and i cannot click it. Then I tried it closing the Wifi on my phone, but the DeviceManager is still showing me the connection and I cannot close it.

What is the problem with it? Do I do anything wrong? How can I close it do disconnect it?

Also a second question:

When I connect my Z30 to my PC via USB-cable, is it possible I could see it in my explorer (like a USB Device) so I can access my data on my Media Card on there?

Many many thanks in advance and I hope everyone is having a great Day!

Z30 STA100-2;
    10.2.2.1531 (T-Mobile Germany)
    08-13-14 02:03 PM
    Hello, I have a problem where I need your help, and a second question I would like to know.

I've got a problem with closing the BlackBerry Device Manager on my PC, and as a result disconnecting it from my phone.

So the Problem starts with:

I dont plug in my Z30, it's only in the same wifi network. I open BlackBerry Link, the DeviceManager recognises my Z30 and connects it. I can see it in my explorer under "Networks" and I can normally just put files on/delete files from it/move them.

After I've finished , I of course wanted to disconnect and close the Device manager.

But here is the Problem.
    I cannot close the Device manager. Right-click on it only shows me "Options", bute the "close" button is grey and i cannot click it. Then I tried it closing the Wifi on my phone, but the DeviceManager is still showing me the connection and I cannot close it.

What is the problem with it? Do I do anything wrong? How can I close it do disconnect it?

Also a second question:

When I connect my Z30 to my PC via USB-cable, is it possible I could see it in my explorer (like a USB Device) so I can access my data on my Media Card on there?

Many many thanks in advance and I hope everyone is having a great Day!

Z30 STA100-2;
    10.2.2.1531 (T-Mobile Germany)
    I don't have an answer for the first question (hopefully someone else does). But for the second question, yes you can do that. All you have to do is connect through USB, connect through Link, and then you can access your BB10 files using Windows Explorer
    08-13-14 02:19 PM
    Hmm I just tried it, and nothing happens. The only thing in BB-Link is that it shows a yellow warning sign in the bottom left corner saying "connection failed". But apart from that it showes everything, exept the storage under the Z30-Picture. What could that be?
    08-13-14 02:24 PM
    Hmm I just tried it, and nothing happens. The only thing in BB-Link is that it shows a yellow warning sign in the bottom left corner saying "connection failed". But apart from that it showes everything, exept the storage under the Z30-Picture. What could that be?
    That means it didn't connect properly. For me, it's 50/50 chance of connecting

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 02:35 PM
    That means it didn't connect properly. For me, it's 50/50 chance of connecting

Posted via CB10
    So that's normal? so i should just try until its successfully connected?
    08-13-14 02:45 PM
    So that's normal? so i should just try until its successfully connected?
    Try reinstalling java, restarting your computer. Also make sure ur using a working cable. Try another cable. Make sure your firewall isn't blocking it.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 02:51 PM
    I just made everything and it really seems like its 50/50 chance. I deactivated the wif option in Link and now it's showing in the explorer. Thank you

But theres still this problem with the device manager, I just cannot close it.

Maybe anyone has an idea where the problem could be?
    08-13-14 03:27 PM
    I just made everything and it really seems like its 50/50 chance. I deactivated the wif option in Link and now it's showing in the explorer. Thank you

But theres still this problem with the device manager, I just cannot close it.

Maybe anyone has an idea where the problem could be?
    Try reinstalling device manager

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 03:48 PM