Hello,

My Blackberry Q5 device storage is almost full despite having barely anything installed/saved on the phone.

- I have cleared out all of my media. I don't use the phone to take photos/videos so this was minimal anyway, but I figured it couldn't hurt.
    - I have cleared my browser history, cookies and cache. I do use the internet a lot, but this has no effect on the disc space.
    - I have deleted all of my previous emails, text messages and notifications. I do this semi-regularly but again there's been no effect on the disc space.
    - I have uninstalled all of the apps on my desktop besides Twitter and Facebook which I use regularly for business. Uninstalling them would completely defeat the point of having a smart phone. (That said, I can only find Q10 instructions to get a complete list of installed apps - if there's a Q5 version of this I'd appreciate being told where! I'm going off what's advertised on my desktop only.)

My phone is still 6.5/8GB. The only thing is has installed/saved is contacts and two apps. What is happening? What does 'Other Data', which amounts to 6GB, represent? Will buying a media card help at all, considering I don't store any media? What can I do to help my phone?

This happened to me a few months ago and I was forced to do a factory reset, which was a pain in the arse because I lost all my numbers (my phone wasn't functioning well enough to back them up on my computer - the whole system was going bananas because of the lack space). My phone is now running out of battery really quickly and as it's still relatively new I can only think it's a storage issue.
    07-21-14 12:59 PM
    Use your device monitor and go to storage tab and it will show you what app is using the most storage
    07-21-14 01:00 PM
    Use your device monitor and go to storage tab and it will show you what app is using the most storage
    If you can't figure it out, post a screen shot of the above.
    07-21-14 01:07 PM
    EDIT: Actually I've just realised, ironically because of space issues, I've not updated to the version of Blackberry I need to have the Device Monitor. Any way I kind find out what the problem is without it? Last time I tried to update with little space left, I ended up having to return the phone to my provider, it was so busted.
    Last edited by tdaniels87; 07-21-14 at 01:23 PM.
    07-21-14 01:12 PM
    You probably need to just use an autoloader to load up the newest OS which will wipe your phone first. If you don't want to do that then tell us what apps you have installed. Are they Blackberry or Android?
    07-21-14 04:30 PM