went to delete a photo today and pressed on screen to select the photo. Unknowingly it selected the entire album and I deleted it. is there a way to retrieve as this was my main camera album. Also, for.some reason my videos are also saving in both my pictures and video file. it deleted the videos as well because they were in that camera file and they are no longer in my video file. What happened?? Thanks
    08-31-15 11:20 AM
    went to delete a photo today and pressed on screen to select the photo. Unknowingly it selected the entire album and I deleted it. is there a way to retrieve as this was my main camera album. Also, for.some reason my videos are also saving in both my pictures and video file. it deleted the videos as well because they were in that camera file and they are no longer in my video file. What happened?? Thanks
    Anything taken by the Camera is stored in the same place, which is by default:
    Device Memory/Camera
    If you have an SD card, you can change that setting to SD Card/Camera

If the stuff you deleted was on an SD card, STOP NOW and remove the card.
    There are various "undelete" file managers you can get for your computer that can read SD cards and try to recover the files.

If the stuff you delete was on the Device Memory, you are pretty much out of luck as all computer based file recover managers have to have direct access to the memory or drive that needs to be recovered.
    The Device Memory is off limits to those.
    I currently know of no apps that could help, but the more you use the device, the more likely those files that were deleted will be overwritten and become completely lost.

If you had backed up or synced your device to a computer with BlackBerry Link, there may be a chance copies of the files are saved on the computer.
    08-31-15 12:08 PM
    Are there any recycle bin apps available..like dumpster for android?

Classic
    08-31-15 12:44 PM
    Are there any recycle bin apps available..like dumpster for android?

Classic
    It appears most of the file recovery apps require root access, which isn't possible on the BlackBerry Android shell, or require that the app have been installed before the files in question were deleted, acting like a PC Recycling Bin.
    I browsed around but didn't spot one that claims to recover deleted files, ones deleted before the app is installed, while not requiring root access.

Quick PSA:
    If you have something on your BlackBerry, or any other electronic device, that you can't live without, IT SHOULD NOT BE THERE!
    Back up back up back up!
    Save important stuff to a SD card or thumb drive and store it in a lock box. Make prints of documents and photos, put them in the box too.
    08-31-15 02:58 PM