So I turned device encryption on as I wanted to add my work email. After the encryption completed, many Google/bb apps gone away!! I don't know if it's because encryption!! But I believe so. Why I can't use both at a time?

It's Pushh from India ....pin : 2AF4F414
    02-28-16 03:45 PM
    So I turned device encryption on as I wanted to add my work email. After the encryption completed, many Google/bb apps gone away!! I don't know if it's because encryption!! But I believe so. Why I can't use both at a time?

Is the device in question a BlackBerry 10 device, or a Priv? In either case, you shouldn't lose apps just be merely encrypting, that's not what encryption does. Simple explanation is that it makes the filesystem practically unreadable by normal methods if the OS were removed. It's not designed to read a list of what's installed.
    02-28-16 03:54 PM
    It's BlackBerry z10. My administration requires encryption to add work email, so I did and got the Account added successfully. And realised some apps went away like amazon app store, face 10. When I removed work email and turned off the encryption, the missing apps came in their place

02-28-16 04:01 PM
    It's BlackBerry z10. My administration requires encryption to add work email, so I did and got the Account added successfully. And realised some apps went away like amazon app store, face 10. When I removed work email and turned off the encryption, the missing apps came in their place

Your Admin might not want you to use those apps, you don't have balance enabled as well probably because they aren't using it.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-16 04:03 PM
    What u mean by balance enabled. Please elaborate

02-28-16 04:06 PM
    What u mean by balance enabled. Please elaborate

BlackBerry Balance is basically having two accounts on your single device - you have your personal side, where you can have your own say in how to use your device, and then the work side, which is run by your administration.
    02-28-16 04:10 PM
    What could be the solution for this. I even lost BlackBerry App also. Face10 also gone when I encrypted the device

03-03-16 04:59 AM
    What could be the solution for this. I even lost BlackBerry App also. Face10 also gone when I encrypted the device

I'm leaning towards your issue being related to your work account. I enabled encryption on my Z10 with absolutely no adverse effects, all my apps are right where I left them, native and otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 12:22 PM
    Your Admin might not want you to use those apps, you don't have balance enabled as well probably because they aren't using it.

Posted via CB10
    If this thread was in the "Ask A Question" forum I could mark this as Best Answer.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-16 12:25 PM
    Thanks for the advise. I have to adjust with this. No option

03-03-16 10:46 PM