I'm in the US, & debating between a new Passport & Z30, which will be an upgrade from a 9930 ~ Any suggestions???
    11-19-14 12:58 PM
    Passport will be superior to Z30 or any phone at this moment

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 01:05 PM
    Well, it depends on how much you want to spend and also if you have tried out either phone yet.

For me, I went with the z30. I was able to purchase one for $250 locally from a crackberry member . I was on the z10 before that, and I wanted to stick with a full touch screen.

The passport on the other hand, is a great phone. Great specs, awesome phone all around. But it wasn't for me. Plus the price is way out of my budget.

Again it comes down to preference and how much money you are willing to spend. I love the full touch in the z30. The keyboard was easy to adjust to. I used to have all qwerty before bb10. I had the 8530, style, and the bold 9930. And it was an easy transition for me.

Battery life Is amazing as Well. I'll be sticking with the z30 for a long while.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 01:10 PM
    I think a big part of that decision will be based on whether you want a touch screen or a PKB. Aside from that there is also the aspect ratio or the two devices.

Passport certainly has never and better specs.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    11-19-14 01:33 PM
    I switch around but recently sold my Z30 and purchased the Passport. I also own a Q10 that I love. That said, after using the Passport for 2 weeks, I am sending it back. It's a fantastic phone but just too big for me. You can't really keep it in your pocket comfortably, and it's just wide. I really wanted to love it but I just couldn't. I miss my Z30. If I were to have the option, my choice is the Z30. For now, it's back to my Q
    11-19-14 01:42 PM
    It all depends on form factor. Do you like vertical screen and virtual keyboard or would you like to work wide?

Specs wise, passport is the new flagship. You will have the most updated BlackBerry to date.

Financially, you will find z10 and z30 discounted at this time, right here at this crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 04:18 PM
    I grabbed the Passport on launch day. Had to have it. I love it. IMHO, it can't be beat for pounding out messages, full web browsing and viewing/editing documents.

But as I type this, I still have my Z30 beside me. I use it for a few apps that are either not available as yet for the Passport, or ones that just work better on the Z30. And of course the Z30 is better for watching video, etc. It may be about a year old, but it does not feel old -- especially running 10.3.1.xxxx.

You can't really go wrong with either. My one caveat is to get your hands on a Passport before you decide. I like the new wider form factor, but it definitely isn't for everyone.
    11-21-14 04:00 PM