Hi All,

I have spent days of weeks looking through threads to help me fix my Bold 9900. I inherited the one year old phone and within days of owing it, did a software update, not knowing that the previous owner, who never had a single issue with the phone, had never done any software updates. It ran all night and since then I have a single flash followed by 3 quick flashes of the red LED. I have tried many things but always seem to get stuck in any suggested tries by the fact that the device cannot be detected when plugged in. I have tried this with both a Mac and a PC and cannot get it to be recognized.

I will keep looking and reading but if someone can address this specifically, I will be forever in your debt!
    08-08-14 11:07 AM
    Something happened during the update... I'm sure you did a backup before starting.

Go here and this should explain how to reload your OS http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...ckberry-32322/
    susievee likes this.
    08-08-14 11:22 AM
    Thanks for your reply - I have gone through many, many, many pages of the thread you suggest, so far that it has left my issue along the way. I did the commands in dos and the AppLoader Wizard started but there is no detection at all of my device. This is as far as I've been able to get. I just ca't get recognized! I have not had any battery issues, the phone was working great, but the update seems to have ruined it.
    08-08-14 01:18 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...failed-744148/

This is another one that deals with trying to recover a nuked BlackBerry.... but it is possible that you now own a paperweight.

Sometimes trying another computer or USB cable is a good idea.
    08-08-14 02:24 PM