Hi, I have a blackberry 8520 and am on Vodafone network. Up until a week ago I was able to access the internet from anywhere with my data package from Vodafone. I still have data left on my vodafone package - but my phone will not connect to the internet unless I am linked to a wireless network. I have checked and my data and roaming are both on. I have also double checked that I have available data on my plan. Can anyone help?
    09-07-14 12:09 PM
    Have you recently renewed your contract? If yes, it might be that Vodafone have removed the Blackberry service off your plan. So either check your service plan details to see if Blackberry Service is listed or ring Vodafone support.

If Blackberry service is listed, I would take the battery out and remove the sim and wait a couple of minutes and then put it back together to see if it works.
    09-07-14 12:15 PM
    Hi Ash,

Thanks for the reply. I do have blackberry on my plan. I followed your advice and took out battery and sim. Still no joy. I will give vodafone another call. Once I am out of wireless range I have no coverage. It is very strange as it has only just started to happen. Is it possible it is the phone? Seems unlikely to me. Must be my package.
    09-07-14 02:02 PM
    Maybe these steps will help:

1) Register HRT
    Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BBKey (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books: KB02830-How to send service books for a BlackBerry Internet Service account

If those steps do not enable your browser then contact Vodafone.
    ThunderShock2005 likes this.
    09-07-14 05:19 PM