Received an email from Blackberry Limited stating my contact synchronization has stopped. Is this legitimate or a phishing scam?
    01-08-15 07:22 PM
    I would say it's phising
    01-08-15 07:42 PM
    Hi. What country are you in? Legacy or BB10?
    01-08-15 07:49 PM
    When did this email arrive? Date/Time and your time zone?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 08:50 PM
    Hi,

I've received apparently the same genuine e-mail from BB , advising me that I should to go into my e-mail account setting to re-validate my gmail account so it can synchronize again with my contacts and calendar. So far so good, I went into e-mail setup, and at the same time I went into the settings of my master google account in the browser of my pc, in order to get a new code/password to do the link through Chrome, so I did it and then I entered the new password in the e-mail setup of the phone and perfect...BUT seconds later, I received again from the same direction another email with this subject: Gmail Authorization Required, with a link that open my smartphone's browser activated itself, showing me directly a google page with the two fields to fill: login and password. I don't know, maybe I'm a little paranoic with this weird mail, but I've never see this kind of security procedures before from Blackberry , weird!

Is it secure? is a new procedure?

Thanks
    Last edited by pstrusi; 01-13-15 at 03:37 AM.
    01-13-15 03:24 AM
    Search for BlackBerry KB36534.

This announcement made on 5th January 2015 may explain the reason for the BlackBerry email, and subsequent changes required.

I've two BlackBerry 9700 Bolds, one personal and one for work, and both no longer sync Contacts or Calendar.
    I've tried deleting and recreating the gmail accounts, which sends the notification again, followed the procedure, which then started working for contacts, but not for calendar, but as soon as I turn the device off and back on, syncing stops working entirely.

I now have disabled sync on one device, but that hasn't made any difference.
    01-15-15 05:25 AM
    The only solution that I can suggest is opening a new outlook ( live dot com ) account, it synchronizes perfectly mail, contacts...etc

I'm pretty upset too with this dumb fight between Rim and google, we the customers pay the costs

Good luck
    01-15-15 05:43 AM
    E-mail from RIM with subject;
    Action Required: Calendar synchronization has stopped or
    Action Required: Contact synchronization has stopped

Calendar events (Contacts) have stopped being synchronized between xxxxxgmail.com and your BlackBerry� device. To resume synchronizing calendar items with this email account:
    1. Access your email account settings by completing one of the following actions:
    * Open the email setup application on your device.
    * Using a browser on your computer, visit the BlackBerry Internet Service web site.
    2. Go to the Email Accounts page.
    3. Edit xxxxxgmail.com.
    4. Select the option to synchronize calendar.
    5. Click Save.

Vodafone UK acknowledged that there have been issues since the changes announced by RIM 5th Jan 2015 in KB36534.

They suggested that I make sure my devices have been updated from the network (i.e. battery pull, or swapping networks), which they have now, and update to latest SW (which they already are), then try again.

Unfortunately, still no joy.

Thanks for the suggestion pstrusi, but I'd rather use the web calendar, and update contacts manually, than change provider, which would be seriously painful.
    Lets hope they sort it out.
    Last edited by bgilesuk; 01-15-15 at 01:04 PM.
    01-15-15 12:34 PM
    Eh. Not sure if same issue, but the way I fixed contact sync was to change server address to www.google.com from what it was set to originally.

Can't remember if I had to change anything for the calendar.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-15 12:50 PM
    01-16-15 06:57 AM