I downloaded BB Link, but it is not syncing with my Classic. I selected the photos I want copy and clicked "copy x photos to desktop" and nothing happens.

It was suggested elsewhere that the BB OS and iOS are not compatible.

Are there any other Mac users out there that can help me? Other than emailing each photo to myself, is there anything that works?

BTW all software and OSs are up-to-date.

Thanks!
    03-12-16 06:09 PM
    I downloaded BB Link, but it is not syncing with my Classic. I selected the photos I want copy and clicked "copy x photos to desktop" and nothing happens.

It was suggested elsewhere that the BB OS and iOS are not compatible.

Are there any other Mac users out there that can help me? Other than emailing each photo to myself, is there anything that works?

BTW all software and OSs are up-to-date.

Thanks!
    I've no idea why your BB Link isn't working with your BB Classic but you should be able to put the phone in mass storage mode and connect to the computer via USB then just click, drag and drop. Two finger swipe from the top to access system settings.. tap storage and access.... tap access using USB and enable USB mass storage mode.
    03-12-16 07:05 PM
    I have the phone in Mass Storage Mode now, but my computer is not recognizing the device. I tried to locate it on the desktop, in the Finder, using Image Capture and Disk Utility. Apple support was no help. Any ideas?
    03-12-16 07:56 PM
    Well are you using a Mac with at least 10.7? IPhoto v. 9 or later? I know you mentioned up to date... but those are the minimum requirements. Just confirming.
    03-12-16 08:30 PM
    Yes, I am using iOS 10.10.5 with the new Photo app. iPhoto has been discontinued.
    03-12-16 08:41 PM
    About the only other thing I could suggest is maybe go through this if you haven't already: Troubleshooting - BlackBerry Link for Mac OS - 1.2.2 Sorry I can't be of more assistance.
    03-12-16 08:47 PM
    thanks for your help!
    03-12-16 11:35 PM
    You're welcome. I hope you're able to eventually get it going.
    03-12-16 11:47 PM
    I just ran across this thread when searching for ways to transfer photos from a BB OS 10 device to a Mac OS X computer using Photos (as opposed to iPhoto).

There are three parts to this problem, and they are all BlackBerry's fault for not updating Link/Blend since July, 2015.

First, go to your /Library/Extensions directory under MacBook Pro or whatever your root directory is called, remove the kext file, BlackberryUSBCDCNCM.kext, reboot the computer, and you should be set. For this one you do have to restart the computer.

El Capitan has its own USBCDCNCM.kext, which Yosemite and previous OS versions did not have, and the BlackBerry version of this kext file doesn't work with El Capitan. Some day, if and when BlackBerry updates Blend/Link, maybe they'll have one version for EC without that kext file and one version for Yosemite and below that does have the kext file.

Second, when you connect the BB via a USB cable after doing the above, you may have to go into Network settings on the Mac and using the + sign add in some Blackberry interfaces which will appear in the drop down menu when you click + sign.

Third, BlackBerry Link (which comes with the Blend download) will work for backup and restore of data, and also for software updates or resets, but will not sync photos with the Mac Photos app, only with iPhoto, and most people no longer use iPhoto if they are on Yosemite or El Capitan. Why BlackBerry won't tweak its Link program for Mac such that it will sync with the newer Photo app is beyond me--I think they have pretty much given up on OS 10.

But, as someone else suggested, you can put the BB device into USB media card storage mode, connect with USB, and drag the photos from the BB media card (SD card) onto a director on the Mac Desktop, then import from that directory into the photos app. IOW, it is a manual sync process and has to be repeated periodically as you take more photos.
    05-13-16 12:23 PM