I think I will get Z30.

One last Q, what's this about wireless charging?
    You've been warned. That being said any BlackBerry buy is a win for Team BlackBerry.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    anon6040766 likes this.
    08-13-14 11:06 PM
    Hi,

If you are not getting a phone from your company, why do you say they wont let you jailbreak it?
    08-14-14 01:25 AM
    Testing

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 02:20 AM
    At the risk of starting to become annoying, here's the list of my unanswered questions:

- What exactly is the screen problem some people have?
    - Is there rotation lock?
    - Case and screen protector recommended? Tempered glass protector available (I couldn't find one through quick search)?
    - Read something about the boot time - will I get to reboot the device frequently? Doesn't really happen a lot with iPhone (although it's got a pretty fast boot time, so it wouldn't matter as much even if it did).
    As I said, I'm not sure what the complaint is about regarding the screen. Seems like lack of brightness or the range of brightness, but all's good for me!

Yes rotation lock is available.

Boot time, I have nothing to compare it too but I rarely reboot, as one person said, maybe once a month as my BBM had a bug in it during the previous release.

Tempered glass, I've never used, I use a ghost armor screen protector and a basic plastic she'll to avoid the dings. There definitely isn't as large of an selection of accessories available as there are for IPhone or Samsung / Google phones, but the basics are there.

You also asked about wireless charging, which only the Verizon Z30 has, but in all honesty the battery is so great that you don't need to sit it on a charger all day, runs 6 am to midnight for me and I just plug it in at bed time and use the bedside mode as my alarm clock.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 05:44 AM
    You've been warned. That being said any BlackBerry buy is a win for Team BlackBerry.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    Your dissuasion does give me concerns, but can you be a bit more specific about your reasons?
    08-14-14 06:16 AM
    Hi,

If you are not getting a phone from your company, why do you say they wont let you jailbreak it?
    They are not providing one but I would still need to hook my phone up to company's system to get company email and stuff and the IT policy says no.
    08-14-14 06:18 AM
    I have just downloaded Sleipnir from snap and it doesn't crash nor slow down. I have a Z10 so I guess it should work smoothly on a Z30.
    08-14-14 06:25 AM
    I've had cell phones ever since the Motorola brick, and this one is the best I've ever had by far.

My Canada My BlackBerry My Z30
    08-14-14 06:39 AM
    you from the maritimes with a name like that
    I'm from Washington state in the U.S.

Posted via the almighty Z
    anon721037 likes this.
    08-14-14 07:39 AM

Posted with X10 via CB10
    SMH!! You are so biased about the Z30 that it ain't funny anymore. I'm a professional and have been using Z30 since launch with no problems.

Btw OP, I use an iPad also. Z30 + iPad makes a perfect combo IMHO.
    08-14-14 08:01 AM

- I never understood why only Blackberry seems to require special data plan. Anyone care to explain this?

As another poster indicated, only the older BBOS phones required BIS because of it's compression and encryption as well as how it managed email. . (you could set up routing rules pre-device, which was awesome for managing accounts).The devices were designed to directly interface only with the BB servers. And, depending on your carrier, it wasn't really a "special" data plan as you didn't pay any more, it was just routed via BB servers to get everything to your phone instead of on the open internet. For many, this was considered a privacy advantage and it also used far less data (at a cost of speed).

BB was the first smart phone in existence and back in 1999 and beyond networks were not nearly as robust as they are now, and thus the compressed data service was needed. When the Iphone came out, they used the wide open internet, and as a result, ATT had endless complaints as the Iphone's proliferation on their network with unlimited data plans slowed down their service to the point that you couldn't even make a phone call in NYC sometimes. Eventually ATT caught up, but ultimately Iphone and others went to other networks to spread out the demand and all networks got faster services with more bandwidth....Also, the big networks ended unlimited data plans (unless grandfathered).

BB10 now uses that same method requiring no special servers to route through with the exception of your BBM chats that still go the same route. (you see the little BB logo in the corner that indicates you are connected to BB)
    08-14-14 08:14 AM
    Or you could just buy an iphone 6 or the upcoming Blackberry passport. I personally wouldn't a z10 or a z30 at this point. z10 is nearly 2 years old. z30 is only a year old but some people complain about the display.
    08-14-14 08:38 AM
37 12