My classic has been getting the Sim Card not detected issues. But the Sim works fine on my iphone. I don't know what the deal is. I always rebooted classic and things were fine. Until I was just on a business call and the call ended midway due to the same issue? Oh my gosh WTH. BlackBerry quality control issue maybe?

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 05:33 AM
    If you are still under the BlackBerry warranty, I suggest you give them a call. If not, try to solve this with your carrier. Maybe a new Sim card.

If all else fail, try a new Classic. Not the ideal solution but hey, my speaker broke on my beloved Z10, the changed it, never showed signs of buzzing again.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 06:09 AM
    If you are still under the BlackBerry warranty, I suggest you give them a call. If not, try to solve this with your carrier. Maybe a new Sim card.

If all else fail, try a new Classic. Not the ideal solution but hey, my speaker broke on my beloved Z10, the changed it, never showed signs of buzzing again.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the advice. Will give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 09:40 AM
    Your Blackberry is quiet new? Then don't late to let them about this issue. Hope they will find an easy solution for you.
    02-19-16 09:44 AM
    Your Blackberry is quiet new? Then don't late to let them about this issue. Hope they will find an easy solution for you.
    Thanks. I will try to get a new Sim first to see how it goes. My current Sim is a cut from the original micro Sim so that might be the reason why it might not be a perfect fit inside the Classic Sim slot. (although it works fine in iphone is puzzling. Maybe it's because the Sim tray of classic is not as deep as iphone?)

Posted via CB10
    Milcacious likes this.
    02-19-16 10:45 AM
    Classic Sim Card issues?-img_20160220_061936.png
    Classic Sim Card issues?-img_20160220_062001.png

Alright. That's it. I am done with BlackBerry for sure. I've read a lot of threads and this seems to be a common issue among many BB10 devices. This is the last nail on the coffin. If BlackBerry cannot even get the simplest things to do right, then what is this phone for anyway? Sad but I have made up my mind as I will not risk having stupid issues like this interrupt my calls again. BlackBerry still has not gotten it together and I don't think anyone there in charge gets it right by now. R.I.P. BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    02-19-16 04:24 PM
    Alright. That's it. I am done with BlackBerry for sure. I've read a lot of threads and this seems to be a common issue among many BB10 devices. This is the last nail on the coffin. If BlackBerry cannot even get the simplest things to do right, then what is this phone for anyway? Sad but I have made up my mind as I will not risk having stupid issues like this interrupt my calls again. BlackBerry still has not gotten it together and I don't think anyone there in charge gets it right by now. R.I.P. BlackBerry
    https://support.apple.com/en-bh/HT201420

But you do what you've got to do.
    Lusitano17 likes this.
    02-19-16 07:58 PM
    https://support.apple.com/en-bh/HT201420

But you do what you've got to do.
    Be shady all you want. I never had Sim card issues with an iPhone, and this is coming from a BlackBerry lover. Keep being shady. Your post still remains a non-factor in my decision making.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 01:27 AM
    So I got a new SIM card from the carrier. It fits perfectly in the SIM tray. I put it in. The signal so far has been stable. Fingers crossed. I really hope the issue is now resolved with a brand new SIM card. I really love BlackBerry and it pains me to say goodbye but if the same issue happens again I will have to go cold turkey on my BlackBerry. Fingers crossed. :|

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 03:19 AM
    I recall notification/ documentation from BlackBerry that specifically discourages any use of cut down SIM.
    I think it was in my passport user manual and that same recommendation holds true for other BB10 devices.....that was probably your issue to begin with. See link...
    Good luck with your new Sim.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000032164

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 07:34 AM
    I recall notification/ documentation from BlackBerry that specifically discourages any use of cut down SIM.
    I think it was in my passport user manual and that same recommendation holds true for other BB10 devices.....that was probably your issue to begin with. See link...
    Good luck with your new Sim.

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000032164

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the info. So far everything is good with the new SIM. Signal and reception have been stable and good.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-16 08:01 AM
    Thanks. I will try to get a new Sim first to see how it goes. My current Sim is a cut from the original micro Sim so that might be the reason why it might not be a perfect fit inside the Classic Sim slot. (although it works fine in iphone is puzzling. Maybe it's because the Sim tray of classic is not as deep as iphone?)

Posted via CB10
    oh forget it to share. Yeah first change your SIM card first. If this work then okey.
    loveallnight likes this.
    02-21-16 04:21 AM