Woke the other morning to find my BB Classic battery flat despite only being charged a short while earlier. On charging I find the s. creen dimmed. Pressing apps, the screen flickers and nothing happens. Even standard apps like video, music and so on won't open I can't open or delete any messages but have full access to the hub, just nothing happens when I select an option. Last notification was phone was going into Battery saving mode. I can't access settings (won't open) to get it out of saving mode. Any thoughts?

Main thing is I want to recover files and contacts since the last back up
    04-04-17 05:28 AM
    Have you successfully backed up your phone using BlackBerry Link recently? Can you back the classic up now?

Then I suggest a 32 second re-boot. So, hold down the power button for 32 seconds. Time it. That's the equivalent of a battery pull.

Post back the results .😀
    04-04-17 07:55 AM
    It's been a couple of weeks since the last backup, not the end of the world but would like some of that data if possible

I have managed to do a "pull", literally. I took the back off and disconnected the battery overnight. No joy. Link shows "connected" but then has an exclamation mark then device isn't visible anymore
    04-04-17 09:46 AM
    Sounds like you may be best off trying an autoloader to re load your device software.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/

[Guide] How to Load an OS Using Autoloader
    04-04-17 01:26 PM