my classic randomly reboots almost 50 to 60 times a day. here are some issues that I encountered:

1. when it restarts all the task im doing is still there before it restarts. so it is not ur usual 2 mins reboot
    2. there are times that when it reboots it doesnt read my sim card
    3. when it restarts usually 5 to 6 straight times in a minute so its abit annoying when your on data.
    4.when it restarts the volume automatically lowers and there's an error msg that says listening in high volume is not good. (obviously not the exact phrase). And also headphone boost option is not available for a couple of minutes.
    5. there are times that when I use my device monitor it is not loading and the devices is a bit laggy
    6. there's a time before that it stops charging for 5 to 10 minutes I guess

Ive dont soft/hard reset/security swipe/reloading via BlackBerry link but the issue is still there. my fone is not under warranty anymore since its a year old already. im not sure if its a battery issue or a software issue. the battery scenario enters because of the 6. im also aware that other classic/passport users experienced this so I just want ur help on this issue. though it might be a desperate move on my part because ive been looking for a resolution to this for quite sometime already and there's no concrete answer to this issue on web and here on crackberry

PS: while im typing this my fone reboots 4 times already

Posted via CB10
    04-28-16 10:31 PM
    From a software perspective it appears that you have done everything apart from an update and I would lean towards a hardware issue given your lack of success.

Interesting that your device still retains a "memory" of tasks even though it "reboots"...must be some sort of continuity otherwise that wouldn't be the case. Is the device actually powering off and initiating the boot logo?

As a last resort I would suggest the use of an autoloader to update/reload your OS even if you are on the latest release.
    If that fails it may be time to have a technician troubleshoot the device.
    Unfortunately it may be more worthwhile to replace it.
    Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    04-28-16 11:52 PM
    From a software perspective it appears that you have done everything apart from an update and I would lean towards a hardware issue given your lack of success.

Interesting that your device still retains a "memory" of tasks even though it "reboots"...must be some sort of continuity otherwise that wouldn't be the case. Is the device actually powering off and initiating the boot logo?

As a last resort I would suggest the use of an autoloader to update/reload your OS even if you are on the latest release.
    If that fails it may be time to have a technician troubleshoot the device.
    Unfortunately it may be more worthwhile to replace it.
    Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    no the device is not powering off and im not seeing any logo.. Suddenly the sim card password appears (because obviously I do have a sim password) if im typing here at crackberry right now.. it will suddenly ask for simcard password then after I enter the password im back to every task I that I have before it reboots

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 12:54 AM
    Your current os? If os is older than latest released one, then these problems are normal. Update your os
    04-29-16 04:21 AM
    Simple, long-shot ideas: remove your SD card and (if that does nothing) remove or replace the SIM.

BlackBerry smartphone continually restarts
    Lusitano17 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    04-29-16 08:58 AM
    Your current os? If os is older than latest released one, then these problems are normal. Update your os
    I would disagree that these issues are normal on older OS. My Z30 is quite happy on 2474 and I have no reason to update.

Posted via CB10
    anuj syal likes this.
    04-29-16 11:10 AM
    Simple, long-shot ideas: remove your SD card and (if that does nothing) remove or replace the SIM.

BlackBerry smartphone continually restarts
    Better than a long shot!
    Seems quite probable .....hope Scrannels suggestion fixes your problem OP.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 11:13 AM
    I agree try it without the SIM Card , if no rebooting replaced the SIM Card and see if that fixes it.

If not I'd try using an new OS (doesn't have to be the latest just a different installation than what you have) and don't restore any data until you know it is working.

If none of that works, I'd say it was an hardware issue as you seem to have some very different symptoms.
    04-29-16 12:03 PM
    I noticed money time with my z3. If I using older os, when latest one is released . Some issues happen

BlackBerry addicted
    04-29-16 12:18 PM
    I agree try it without the SIM Card , if no rebooting replaced the SIM Card and see if that fixes it.

If not I'd try using an new OS (doesn't have to be the latest just a different installation than what you have) and don't restore any data until you know it is working.

If none of that works, I'd say it was an hardware issue as you seem to have some very different symptoms.
    yeah im using the tri cut sim the right size for this one.. what concerns me really was what triggers the reboot. And why it its not fully restarting when it does reboot like right now. im typing this reply my fone reboots once after the quick reboot all of the task I have is still here. Im puzzled why seems like blackberry guys dont have any answer at all and they will just give u basic troubleshooting steps. ive seen few post with this issue but all of them seems didnt provide any concrete answers at all

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 07:55 PM
    yeah im using the tri cut sim the right size for this one.. what concerns me really was what triggers the reboot. And why it its not fully restarting when it does reboot like right now. im typing this reply my fone reboots once after the quick reboot all of the task I have is still here. Im puzzled why seems like blackberry guys dont have any answer at all and they will just give u basic troubleshooting steps. ive seen few post with this issue but all of them seems didnt provide any concrete answers at all

Posted via CB10
    Best to get an actual nano-sim.
    BlackBerry does have a technical bulletin out which advises against the use of cut sims or sim adapters...worth a try.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-16 10:46 PM