Time to upgrade our work phones and we have two choices the classic or the leap. Looking for recommendations on which phone I should select? ( battery life, size,weight, user friendly ) Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks
    Last edited by Dlittle75; 05-15-15 at 11:13 AM.
    05-15-15 10:15 AM
    Do you want a Q10 with bigger battery and a tool belt or a Z30 missing NFC and USB OTG and with less firepower?

That's the question you are asking.

Q10 vs Classic

Z30 vs Leap
    KR2013, Q10Bold and vergiove like this.
    05-15-15 10:20 AM
    Physical or virtual keyboard???
    anon(8080272) likes this.
    05-15-15 10:29 AM
    Physical or virtual keyboard???
    Exactly right. Leap and classic differentiator is the physical keyboard (and screen real estate as a side-effect).

Z30 / STA100-5 /10.3.1.1784 (no more double-typing Q10).
    05-15-15 10:47 AM
    What work phone have you been previously using? It will probably be an easier transition if you stay with a familiar style keyboard.
    diegonei likes this.
    05-15-15 11:03 AM
    we are currently using the Z10 . The keyboard option does not really matter, just looking for the better device.
    05-15-15 11:39 AM
    we are currently using the Z10 . The keyboard option does not really matter, just looking for the better device.
    To me, the Leap is a natural and nearly seamless transition from the Z10; it's a similar form factor and user experience. The Leap is essentially a Z10 with a larger screen, and considerably better battery life. All other specs are more or less unchanged when compared to Z10.
    05-15-15 12:16 PM
    To me, the Leap is a natural and nearly seamless transition from the Z10; it's a similar form factor and user experience. The Leap is essentially a Z10 with a larger screen, and considerably better battery life. All other specs are more or less unchanged when compared to Z10.
    No nfc and 5ghz WiFi on Leap. Z30 is the actual upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 12:27 PM
    Exactly right. Leap and classic differentiator is the physical keyboard (and screen real estate as a side-effect).
    Yeah, ignore NFC, HDMI, USB OTG... Ignore all that.. I am not sure about DLNA/Miracast, but I'd be cautious and expect neither to work on the Leap.

No nfc and 5ghz WiFi on Leap. Z30 is the actual upgrade.
    Too bad the Z30 is not an available option eh? Stick to the facts.

Z10 vs Classic

Z10 vs Leap

If you ask me, neither device is that much better. The Classic is a Q10 in disguise, you don't really win much past the battery life. The Leap is a gutted Z30.

If you can live without the things your Z10 can do that the Leap can't, get it. Else... Not much of a win in either option. But what the heck do I know...
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-15-15 at 09:18 PM.
    05-15-15 03:35 PM
    Time to upgrade our work phones and we have two choices the classic or the leap. Looking for recommendations on which phone I should select? ( battery life, size,weight, user friendly ) Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks
    Yeah, ignore NFC, HDMI, USB OTG... Ignore all that..
    Remember again, these are work-phones, as OP stated. That helps us focus on what would be essentially important.
    rthonpm likes this.
    05-15-15 03:38 PM
    Remember again, these are work-phones, as OP stated. That helps us focus on what would be essentially important.
    Ok let's see..... Work phone....

NFC: Use your device to unlock stuff, get access to areas, check in and out to let the company know you are actually there...
    HDMI: Present slideshows from your phone (god forbig, maybe even use BlackBerry Express). Training also, in-company.... (Miracast falls in this one)
    USB OTG: When you need to work from the hotel room or need to quickly copy that file from somebody else's flashdrive... (Miracast could also fall on this one)

So yeah. Sorry. I know nothing about the work/business use of those features I actually got the Z30 for.

If any of these are important for their user case, then he has no option and should get the Classic. If neither are important, then he can safely get the Leap. Or he can take the cheaper road and get a bunch of http://forums.crackberry.com/ext?lin...oryID.61654500 packs for everybody and keep those Z10s in use (since well, the Z10 doesn't really have most of those features anyway). I'd go with the cheap option, really. Saves the company money...

All that said, did you ask around to see if people prefer a physical keyboard or a full touchscreen? There was a thread here when nobody wanted to use their phones because they prefered full touchscreens.
    05-15-15 03:47 PM
    Yeah, ignore NFC, HDMI, USB OTG... Ignore all that..

Too bad the Z30 is not an available option eh? Stick to the facts.

Buck what the heck do I know...
    Ok let's see..... Work phone....

So yeah. Sorry. I know nothing about the work/business use of those features I actually got the Z30 for.
    Dude ... why so snarky? We're all here to help.

OP: I think you've been presented with a good range of pros and cons between Leap and Classic. Curious to see what you feel is the best fit for your employees!
    05-15-15 04:41 PM
    Define what you mean by "better"? Except your first post where you mentioned "battery life, size, weight, user friendly", not much else (or function) seems to be important to you. So, between Classic and Leap:

Battery life - probably not much different (both should be much better than Z10).
    Size - Read the specs.
    Weight - Read the specs.
    User Friendly - Leap, since you are coming from Z10 (VKB).
    05-15-15 05:08 PM
    I have the classic did have the z10 but defo like have the keypad back

Posted via CB10
    05-15-15 05:33 PM
    Dude ... why so snarky? We're all here to help.
    [INFO]
    OP: I think you've been presented with a good range of pros and cons between Leap and Classic. [/INFO]
    Curious to see what you feel is the best fit for your employees!
    Snarky? Me? Nonsense.

Good info highlighted.
    05-15-15 09:15 PM