I'm a former long-time Blackberry user, been using an iPhone a while now but miss the Blackberry 'feel' and having an in-built keyboard. Last year I briefly had a Q10 but found it really hard to use; the Classic really appeals for its similarity to the Curve phones of yesteryear, trackpad et al, but the Q10 was totally infuriating.

My main problem with it was the integration with Android apps. A main one I use is the Russian social media network VKontakte, which constantly froze. Would this, and other Android apps, work any better on the Classic? I previously downloaded them from the Amazon app store, is getting them by one of the other methods I've seen discussed here any better?

I also wondered if there were any good music services which work well on it, as one of the things I have liked with Apple is Apple Music.

Thanks.
    01-12-16 09:45 AM
    The OS is identical. Compared to the Q10, the Classic gets a larger keyboard, larger (LCD) screen, bigger battery and the tool belt between the keyboard and the screen.

The internals are essentially identical, save for battery size. With identical guts and software, VK will probably run about as poorly as it does on the Q10.

As for music services, I occasionally buy music from 7Digital, save the MP3 to the SD card and use that.
    01-12-16 03:17 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Kinda annoying it would struggle with that, as my requirements aren't that big by modern day phone user standards, but I guess to be fair BB have addressed it with the shift to Android(long-term I would like to get the Vienna). Music-wise I don't have regular access to a computer I can download music onto and then transfer, so I am kind of confined to services like Apple Music.

Do you think the Passport would be more along the lines of what I need? Its specs do seem a massive improvement on the Q10/Classic, but how that translates into performance when sideloading Android apps I don't know.
    01-12-16 03:32 PM
    Do you think the Passport would be more along the lines of what I need? Its specs do seem a massive improvement on the Q10/Classic, but how that translates into performance when sideloading Android apps I don't know.
    The Passport would fit your bill with regards to better android app performance.
    01-12-16 03:36 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Kinda annoying it would struggle with that, as my requirements aren't that big by modern day phone user standards, but I guess to be fair BB have addressed it with the shift to Android(long-term I would like to get the Vienna). Music-wise I don't have regular access to a computer I can download music onto and then transfer, so I am kind of confined to services like Apple Music.

7Digital has an Android app, so it can be all local if you want. In fact, they used to power the former music store in BlackBerry World.

The Passport is the highest spec BB10 device, so if your app problems were hardware, they should be somewhat alleviated. But still, if it's the actual OS causing issues, then it wouldn't really help.
    01-12-16 03:47 PM
    Do you think the 7Digital Android app would work smoothly on the Classic?

The Passport probably makes more sense, I'm just not so keen on the size/design, though it might be a grower.
    01-12-16 04:32 PM
    Do you think the 7Digital Android app would work smoothly on the Classic?

The Passport probably makes more sense, I'm just not so keen on the size/design, though it might be a grower.
    It worked for me on the Passport.

I hope someone can chime in with their experience.
    01-12-16 04:47 PM