I use Mark Unread to track email follow ups. Is there a way to set Mark Unread as a custom keyboard shortcut or an Email Action 1 or 2 (currently only Flag and Delete are options)? Now, to access the Mark Unread function, one must use the lower right hand corner menu and click More, as it doesn't appear on the first page of the menu. Any way to rearrange the menu so it appears on the first page of menu options?

Any other tips/tricks related to Mark Unread?

Thanks in advance!
    04-29-15 11:13 AM
    I just discovered a cool trick for this. If you tap the image that shows the type of message (on the left) it toggles between read and unread. It's great! Doesn't work for bbm though. Everything but bbm, which is a bit strange. Really cool otherwise. Just discovered it now and came to see if anyone else knew about it.
    alb101 and joseph_labonte like this.
    04-30-15 04:36 PM
    I use Mark Unread to track email follow ups. Is there a way to set Mark Unread as a custom keyboard shortcut or an Email Action 1 or 2 (currently only Flag and Delete are options)? Now, to access the Mark Unread function, one must use the lower right hand corner menu and click More, as it doesn't appear on the first page of the menu. Any way to rearrange the menu so it appears on the first page of menu options?

Any other tips/tricks related to Mark Unread?

Thanks in advance!
    I just discovered a cool trick for this. If you tap the image that shows the type of message (on the left) it toggles between read and unread. It's great! Doesn't work for bbm though. Everything but bbm, which is a bit strange. Really cool otherwise. Just discovered it now and came to see if anyone else knew about it.
    04-30-15 04:36 PM
    Yep since 10.3 I believe.
    04-30-15 09:53 PM
    That is fantastic! Thank you!
    So for those following this thread, if you hold the message type icon of the far left side, a menu with many message options including Mark Unread appears.
    Thanks again for the help!

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 01:36 AM
    That's probably because marking a bbm message unread would give the sender an "R", which could raise issues.
    05-01-15 02:12 AM
    There is already a shortcut for that: Alt+U.
    You can also navigate with the trackpad to the triage button, and the left message icon will be selectable with the trackpad, so you can use Enter as a shortcut, or push the trackpad button.
    05-01-15 02:30 AM
    Moreover, you can activate multiple selections by holding shift and scrolling, and then select individual e-mails with touch/trackpad/enter, and then use Alt+U, or the mark unread button in the action bar.
    05-01-15 02:34 AM
    And since you seem to be green, try clicking S in the hub, select the top left hamburger button by simply navigating left with the trackpad, and scroll down to the unread filter.
    Classic Hub - "Mark Unread" shortcut?-img_20150501_093511_edit.png

Also you can use the multiple selections functionality on search results for mass state changes.

Also U automatically scrolls to and selects the next unread message in the Hub.
    05-01-15 02:41 AM
    T-3, 'tapping and holding' is one of the cornerstones of BB10. In almost every case, it is the quickest way to open the "overflow menu" (the one you get from pressing the three dots). It will then show you option for the specific thing you tapped on, instead of general options.

And since you asked for it: marking Read/Unread already is part of the triage automatically! Instead of pressing Action1/Action2, once these options are visible you can press the message icon as a third instant action.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ Nintendo Social BBM Channel @ C001221B2
    05-01-15 03:01 AM
    That's probably because marking a bbm message unread would give the sender an "R", which could raise issues.
    Good point, would be nice just to set it to unread again on my phone if I wanted to be reminded to respond later. What you said makes sense, though the same could be said about WhatsApp (double check). Not that that means anything.
    05-01-15 07:09 AM
    And since you seem to be green, try clicking S in the hub, select the top left hamburger button by simply navigating left with the trackpad, and scroll down to the unread filter.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150501_093511_edit.png 
Views:	187 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	350442

Also you can use the multiple selections functionality on search results for mass state changes.

Also U automatically scrolls to and selects the next unread message in the Hub.
    Wow I didn't even know that! Awesome
    05-03-15 04:07 PM
    And since you asked for it: marking Read/Unread already is part of the triage automatically! Instead of pressing Action1/Action2, once these options are visible you can press the message icon as a third instant action.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ Nintendo Social BBM Channel @ C001221B2
    I do use this method but find that if I reply to that email, click send, return to hub to press the message icon to make it unread (because I still have to follow up on that email), it marks itself as read again after my reply gets sent.

Anybody else have that problem?

Posted via CB10
    07-02-15 08:52 PM