I used to be a 9900 user and it is by far the best phone I have ever used. I switched to the iPhone in 2011 because it crapped out on me, and I've been with Apple since then. I've been looking into the blackberry classic, but despite my experience with blackberry and it's current reputation, I'm not dead set on buying the Classic. My brother had the Q10 and I absolutely love the HUB. Last week it broke on him (second time his Q10 broke since launch).

My main worry for the phone is longevity. For the price, in my opinion, the specs aren't all there. I do understand that it is targeting mainly towards business professionals and those coming from the 9900, but I'm wondering how the specs actually hold up. I'm mainly concerned because my brothers phone would lag and would crash from time to time (an issue I've never personally experienced with my iPhone - NOT to say it is a superior phone). A year from now, how would the classic hold up?

I've played around with the classic in store and loved it. That being said I'm really interested in the device and want to make the jump, but those are my current issues with it.
    01-17-15 10:26 AM
    As I don't have a Classic I can't sell you on its features. However, Q's and Z's that crash and break....are not the norm. I have had BlackBerries since 2008. And I never had one "crash" or "break". (Not that I don't know HOW to crash one. I do. I play around with different OSes, so it's easy to crash one if you want to! lol) As for build and quality, they are better than most. I think you would be pleased with one but like I said, have not even held a Classic, so sorry I can't be of help there. I've had 8330, a 9650, 9930, a Z10 and a Z30 and I have loved them all.

Good luck with your decision!
    Hope the Classic owners chime in and let you know some specifics.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    01-17-15 12:25 PM
    You didn't say how you've been finding the iPhone. If it's been 3 - 4 years, that would suggest to me that it's working for you. Like you, I had a Bold 9900 and absolutely loved it. I've just made the switch to the Passport... and although it's early days yet, I'm missing the 9900 already.

So I suppose the message is, if it ain't broke, don't change it. Stick with the iPhone if it really works for you, and don't try a leap of faith with something just on the market.
    01-17-15 01:22 PM
    You have three choices which are the top devices that BlackBerry currently as to offer. Z30 which is a full touch device with amazing touch keyboard, Passport which is a massive device with a never before seen form factor and Classic which is a direct evolution to the 9900. The software is comparable to iOS and Android.. it's not that old java os garbage of previous years.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 01:25 PM
    Honestly man, I'd get a passport, hands down the best BlackBerry device. I bought a classic brand-new and the thing came out of the box broken, unfortunately for me it was off kijiji so I didn't have the original receipt so BlackBerry basically told me to shove it or go to rogers (which rogers told me the same thing).
    I've had the passport now for a month and their is no turning back (I've had countless amounts of phones, bb 10 to android and apple)

Posted via CB10
    01-17-15 05:02 PM