I am looking to buy a new phone...either the classic or 9900/9780
    03-29-17 08:35 AM
    Classic, hands down.

I went from a 9810 Torch Slider to a Classic and now to a PRIV.
    The Classic is LTE capable and the extra speed is just excellent. I liked my 9810 a great deal, but the Classic is much faster for anything to do with the Internet.

The Classic also has a REALLY great keyboard - the best that I have used, out of the 3 devices I have had.
    03-29-17 08:43 AM
    All are EOL products that are powered by EOL operating systems... are you aware of what each is and is not capable of?

After that I'd consider differences in the Plans available in your market... is there an advantage or disadvantage with using a BIS type service with your carriers?
    03-29-17 09:27 AM
    I have both a Classic & a 9900. Currently I've been using the 9900 on AT&T w/ BIS close to 2 months now and it's been a lot of fun. But I purchased the device knowing what I was getting into when I started. Both the Classic & the 9900 are great devices w/ keyboards. The Classic don't need BIS to work which can be a huge plus when trying to use the cheaper alternatives services like StraightTalk, Net10, etc compared to paying higher priced services like AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon.

Make sure you spend some time reading through both sections of the forums. Depending on what you actually plan on using the device for is starting point to decide if either is a smart option to go with. Both BBOS 7.x and BB10 have issues. I'm not going to argue which is better because I still like using them both. Both are going to the way side compared to iOS and Android though. Slowly but surely, more & more apps are starting to stop working correctly. If you go the BB10 route & and plan on side loading Android apps, just understand that more & more of those apps are going to stop working also because of Android 4.3 run time. All I'm saying is make sure you spend some time doing a little research before you decide which device to purchase. I have several BB10 devices, a couple of Playbooks, and 2 9900's. I use them all. At the end of the day, it's all about what you want and how you plan on using the device. But I'd still listen to some advice what Dunt Dunt Dunt said about them being EOL. BB10 isn't EOL yet, but it's on life support. Hope that helps.

Steve, K4SQI
    03-29-17 12:28 PM
    Both very good just classic is the one u can do more on but if u love blackberry 9900 I have both and change them

Posted via CB10
    03-30-17 05:23 AM
    For me there's is no contest. The Blackberry Classic is the winner for me. 😃 It's got a nice screen size while still remaining compact. Plus, you will have access some some Android Apps which will allow the device to last you longer
    03-31-17 08:22 AM
    KEYone FTW!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-31-17 10:10 AM
    Neither, personally, but if you had to pick one, the Classic.
    03-31-17 01:45 PM
    I would say classic. By far my favorite device for typing. That keyboard is amazing. I regret giving mine away for a passport. The usability of the device for communications is unrivalled. Super comfy to type on with one or two hands . Only thing to remember is that neither of these devices will be good for social media. Facebook lite apk for Android and instagram might still work well but everything else requires a lot of tinkering. But if you just want a powerhouse for text and email. And Cb of course. The classic is a great choice. Lte and screen are better than the 9900 in my opinion . I do love my 9900 buy the little extra space makes it better for my large hands.
    03-31-17 09:42 PM