Hello.
    I am going to Beijing for one year for work. I am taking my z10 with me. Unlocked. Any tips on what the best plan etc to get in order to have data and make calls. I would also like to call back here in canada...

Also, I heard Facebook is blocked in china. Is yhis true?

Any suggestions on cool things I should do while there?

How is the night life there?

Things I should take from canada?

Things to avoid? Any precautions I should take like places not for a foreigner who doesn't speak the native language there?

Any answer to these questions would help out a lot! Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:51 PM
    BlackBerry 10 OS will support the data plan in all locality
    No need of BlackBerry plan extra

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 11:54 PM
    The last time my brother was there, the Facebook was still banned. I don't know about now. Lol. But it is safe to assume so.
    08-23-14 12:02 AM
    Youtube and Facebook were blocked when I was there too. My advise is get a local device. Androids. Keep your BB for roaming just to receive text messages. Using local sim for long distance call and data is cheaper. You can also use your local device to tether to BB phone. I'm currently living in Seoul having my Q10 for roaming and iPhone for local. iPhone and androids are more useful because of the apps like maps, subway guides and messengers that is common to locals (e.g. QQ in China, KakaoTalk in Korea) . I'm a BBOS10 fan and I really want to keep this device. But let's admit it. There are many useful apps for the other platforms that is not available in BB world. My Q10 is still my primary communication and internet browsing device but I need an iPhone when I want to explore the city.
    08-23-14 12:19 AM
    How long ago was this?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 07:02 PM
    Youtube and Facebook were blocked when I was there too. My advise is get a local device. Androids. Keep your BB for roaming just to receive text messages. Using local sim for long distance call and data is cheaper. You can also use your local device to tether to BB phone. I'm currently living in Seoul having my Q10 for roaming and iPhone for local. iPhone and androids are more useful because of the apps like maps, subway guides and messengers that is common to locals (e.g. QQ in China, KakaoTalk in Korea) . I'm a BBOS10 fan and I really want to keep this device. But let's admit it. There are many useful apps for the other platforms that is not available in BB world. My Q10 is still my primary communication and internet browsing device but I need an iPhone when I want to explore the city.
    Or you could sideload Snap and download those apps?

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 07:13 PM
    08-23-14 09:22 PM
    Or you could sideload Snap and download those apps?

Posted via CB10
    It doesn't work as expected so better have native apps just like we all want apps in our BB. Even google talk for BB isn't great. The messages doesn't sync back so you might miss some messages if you went offline for a while. BBM is great. BBOS is great. But there are some things that you can do better on other platforms especially if you're travelling.
    08-23-14 09:30 PM
    Keep your BlackBerry with you! Chinese use this social network called seino weibo!
    Although you can use a vpn and access Facebook and youtube! That's what my friends use!

Posted via CB10
    08-23-14 09:31 PM
    Keep your BlackBerry with you! Chinese use this social network called seino weibo!
    Although you can use a vpn and access Facebook and youtube! That's what my friends use!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. That's what I'm looking into now

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 08:32 PM
    how's your life in BJ, dude ?
    11-16-14 10:02 PM
    Yeah, let's have an update.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:10 PM