Seeing as how new Passports are selling for less than $200, it seems to me a good idea to maybe get one, as an upgrade from my Q10. What I'm trying to sort out, though, is how bit a pita it will be to do so. I have a whole batch of Apps on my Q10 and would hate to lose them, repurchase them, and the like. The Q10, on T Mobile, is running 10.2.x. Not sure if a backup from one, restore to the other would work.

Surely there are those who have done this kind of thing. I haven't. Can it be easily done? Could someone point me to a good how-to?

My web (and site) searches have all led me to ways of switching carrier, but I'm not switching my carrier, I'm switching my Blackberry.

Thanks in advance.
    11-22-16 06:15 PM
    Your apps are associated with your BlackBerry ID (BBID). When you setup your Passport, it will request your BBID for use with BlackBerry Services, like BBM and BlackBerry World. All you would need to do is reinstall the apps on the Passport. No repurchasing necessary. Further, you can still run the apps on the Q10. (I have a Z10, Q10 and Z30. They all share the apps I've purchased, though I don't have exactly the same set of apps installed on each, mainly because some apps are better suited for rectangular vs square screens.) You will lose your settings on those apps, however.

If you want to try to preserve and restore, you'll want to look into BlackBerry Link. I don't know if it'll let you restore between different devices, though. Maybe someone else can answer that. With each of my devices, when new, I do a fresh start and put back apps as I need them.
    Seeing as how new Passports are selling for less than $200, it seems to me a good idea to maybe get one, as an upgrade from my Q10. What I'm trying to sort out, though, is how bit a pita it will be to do so. I have a whole batch of Apps on my Q10 and would hate to lose them, repurchase them, and the like. The Q10, on T Mobile, is running 10.2.x. Not sure if a backup from one, restore to the other would work.

Surely there are those who have done this kind of thing. I haven't. Can it be easily done? Could someone point me to a good how-to?

My web (and site) searches have all led me to ways of switching carrier, but I'm not switching my carrier, I'm switching my Blackberry.

Thanks in advance.
    Your apps will be in BBW under My World. You simply install them in your new device.

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    11-22-16 06:19 PM
    Your apps are associated with your BlackBerry ID (BBID). When you setup your Passport, it will request your BBID for use with BlackBerry Services, like BBM and BlackBerry World. All you would need to do is reinstall the apps on the Passport. No repurchasing necessary. Further, you can still run the apps on the Q10. (I have a Z10, Q10 and Z30. They all share the apps I've purchased, though I don't have exactly the same set of apps installed on each, mainly because some apps are better suited for rectangular vs square screens.) You will lose your settings on those apps, however.

If you want to try to preserve and restore, you'll want to look into BlackBerry Link. I don't know if it'll let you restore between different devices, though. Maybe someone else can answer that. With each of my devices, when new, I do a fresh start and put back apps as I need them.
    11-22-16 06:24 PM