Hello

I sold my Passport to a friend. He can't change the BB Id. It works only with mine. I dissociated from my BB Protect on the website. He downloaded BB Link and tried to put his BB id but same problem. Before make a security wipe i desactivated BB Protect
    I don't know what to do now

Thanx
    09-11-16 12:43 PM
    You may need to try again...

In Settings on the PP open BlackBerry Protect and try to disable it. It should prompt you to login with your BBID if it is still associated with your account.
    Disable BBPROTECT and power device off.

Login to BBPROTECT online and select the PP in "My Device"....now open "Manage Devices" and try again to remove the PP.
    If the PP is the only device you have in BlackBerry Protect you can also select Options and "delete your BlackBerry Protect Account".
    Logout of BlackBerry Protect after successfully removing the PP.

Power the PP back on , connect to BlackBerry Link on your PC and initiate the Security Wipe from there. Once complete the wipe should now remove your BBID from device and allow the purchaser to enter his BBID.
    Good luck!

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000026694

Posted via CB10
    09-11-16 11:46 PM
    What if I bought a used PP but can't setup the device because of the missing BB ID stored in the device? The former owner said there were no Protect activated in the software. "Steal Defense is active" says to me.

If I understood well: the owner - who had the device before me - should log in to the PP - by BB ID - and log out from the Protect? Or is it enough to make it by the website (BB protect)?
    10-20-16 02:43 AM
    What if I bought a used PP but can't setup the device because of the missing BB ID stored in the device? The former owner said there were no Protect activated in the software. "Steal Defense is active" says to me.

If I understood well: the owner - who had the device before me - should log in to the PP - by BB ID - and log out from the Protect? Or is it enough to make it by the website (BB protect)?
    Correct....The previous owner needs to login in to BBPROTECT in order to disassociate the device from his BBid.

He can initiate that directly from the phone or from a PC, and he must do so before a security wipe of the device in order to allow you to associate the device with your BBid.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-16 03:05 AM
    Pls, help! I get the BB ID /pass and log in to the phone. But Protect is inactive, I can enable but it disables itself when I step back. On the website there is no device under Devices. I cant step forward...
    10-20-16 04:56 AM