I got a new z30 about 4 months ago(replacement for a broken z30) and finally decided to use the GPS.. when I turned on location services BlackBerry maps wouldn't work properly for directions and it would always state failed to detect location. When I touch "my location" on BlackBerry maps it says that my location is in BC but I'm actually in central alberta. So I downloaded GPS status and helloGPS from bb world and neither app will show a lock/fix on any of the approx 14 - 26 satellites that they can find. Additionally, BlackBerry virtual expert GPS test shows mixed results from 0 -4 satellites located..
    After a full system restore BBVE managed to find 6 satellites but still won't lock and still shows the wrong location and GPSstatus/helloGPS still won't lock .. is the GPS broken or is there something I can do to get this issue fixed on my own without sending it away?

Z30 running bbos 10.3.1.1865
    Telus network

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 08:08 PM
    Guess the os version is actually 10.3.1.2708
    And radio version is 10.3.1.2709

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 08:53 PM
    You should try another maps app. I am guessing your are using Be maps Pro, from BlackBerry World. Works happy on my 30. Make sure your outside for first acquisition of satellites. I also just started using extreme maps Pro, also from BlackBerry World which seems to work. Uninstall it and reinstall the app. Keep us posted.....
    07-16-15 08:57 PM
    I tried a few different ones and while I still haven't gotten a fix/lock on a satellite my location seems to have improved. Is not getting a satellite lock a normal thing?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-15 09:27 PM
    I tried a few different ones and while I still haven't gotten a fix/lock on a satellite my location seems to have improved. Is not getting a satellite lock a normal thing?

Posted via CB10
    Hey Trev, I have th exact same issue, and sound like i tried the same things to no avail. I am Endomondo training app for over a year, and GPS has worked perfectly. Didn't drop my phone or get it wet, but gps will find satellites, but no fix now. BB wants to charge $50, for me to ask the techies the problem . Saved my stuff, factory reset, reloaded, no difference. Hate it when things don't work. Rolling with BlackBerry since they started, thinking I'm getting a iPhone nex week. Good luck bud ,let m know if you have success.
    09-07-15 10:08 PM
    Yeah, wish i could say things got better for me. I ended up sending it back to esecuritel and getting a galaxy s5 in return. I'm going back to blackberry once the slider comes out and i know whether i want that or the passport. No comparison between my z30 and this galaxy.. z30 wins handsdown for usability.. I'm not one who plays a lot of games or needs lots of social apps but the camera is nice

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-07-15 10:15 PM
    Anyone else with this issue try downloading Hello GPS, it's a good gps app for basic UTM coordinates.

09-07-15 10:31 PM
    Anyone else with this issue try downloading Hello GPS, it's a good gps app for basic UTM coordinates.

+1. Sorting the phone's GPS is usually easy. Another good app is GPS Status.
    09-08-15 09:39 AM
    Have tried Hello GPS and GPS status, both show satellites floating all over the place, but I can't get a fix on any of them. Not sure if signal strength is shown in percentage, but the best I can do is 13/14.
    09-08-15 10:41 AM