I followed the steps the BB support send you through to delete the bbid to set up a new one for the device.

I turned off blackberry protect. Double checked to be sure.
    I deleted the bbid.
    It then said to wipe the phone if you want to give it to someone else and they can set up a new bbid.
    I go to wipe the phone - blackberry protect is turned on again but I can't turn it off now because bbid used to turn it on has been deleted. Can't wipe the phone because it wants a password for the deleted bbid.

I called blackberry support after going through their support options online and they want me to pay to access phone support.

How do I set up a new bbid with the phone wanting an id that doesn't exist anymore?
    04-07-17 11:42 AM
    I followed the steps the BB support send you through to delete the bbid to set up a new one for the device.

I deleted the bbid.
    It then said to wipe the phone if you want to give it to someone else and they can set up a new bbid.
    I go to wipe the phone - blackberry protect is turned on again but I can't turn it off now because bbid used to turn it on has been deleted. Can't wipe the phone because it wants a password for the deleted bbid.

I called blackberry support after going through their support options online and they want me to pay to access phone support.

How do I set up a new bbid with the phone wanting an id that doesn't exist anymore?
    _____
    If it is asking for password, then may be your BBID is not deleted yet.

1. Did you try entering the old password? What does it say?

2. OR try to reset your old BBID password.
    04-07-17 02:44 PM

I deleted the bbid.

Did you login to BlackBerry Protect online and disassociate your device from the device list? If not that needs to be done.
    04-07-17 04:20 PM