A previous contact had a Z10. I had that contact on my BBM (Z30) and had not removed it.

That phone (Z10) is now being deployed to someone else. Brand new BBID (email not yet verified). Wiped the device. Opened BBM and did NOT perform a restore (nothing to restore from as it's a new BBID). On the Z10, I invited the Z30 to be a BBM contact. On the Z30 I accepted, but it showed with the previous persons name and avatar. I did have that previous person in my address book, but then removed them. I then deleted the BBM contact on both the Z30 and Z10.

I have now used multiple methods to re-add the contact on either/both devices. The invites are always received. When accepted, it indicates that the contact has been added. But the contact never appears.

I have also re-wiped the Z10 and tried all again: no difference. The blocked contacts and feeds lists are all empty.

If I add the PIN in the device address book, I can send a non-BBM contact message.

Wiping the Z30 is currently not an option. Neither is changing either of the BBIDs on either device.

I'm out of ideas. Any thoughts?
    12-13-16 10:23 PM
    I'm not a BBM user so I can't help answer the question, however there is a forum on CB devoted to BBM issues/questions where you might get a faster response, since people would be looking there for BBM-specific posts. Good luck, hope you get it figured out.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general-bbm-chat-f404/
    12-13-16 11:02 PM
    exact same thing is happening to me.
    argh!
    12-29-16 01:48 PM