Home CrackBerry Q&A > Ask a Question

Can't find the ampersand (&) character on Priv's on screen keyboard

Asked: Feb 02 2017 | 2:18 pm EST 3813 Views 4 Answers View Best Answer

I know there is an ampersand (via the sym key) when using the physical keyboard, but I can't seem to see one when using the on-screen keyboard. I've only had my PRIV a short while so I'm still getting used to how it works but if anyone knows how to type an ampersand without using the physical keyboard, that would be really handy to know! Many thanks!

Best Answer

Feb 02 2017 | 2:22 pm EST Bla1ze

Tap the ?123 button. Then tap the button on the left with the two dots : look to the right.

More Answers

Feb 02 2017 | 2:38 pm EST otoys

Thank you SO much for such a quick reply and the solution - I found it very easily, following your instructions! Very grateful (and clearly very dosey), having not found it with a bit more investigation of the buttons I'm not used to, having last had a Classic!

Feb 02 2017 | 3:11 pm EST Bla1ze

Thank you SO much for such a quick reply and the solution - I found it very easily, following your instructions!
Glad to help.

Feb 04 2017 | 2:48 pm EST robinottawa

Instead of making a new thread (or should I?):

I see there is a setting for choosing a custom sym keyboard layout, but no matter what I do, pressing sym on the hard keyboard always starts me with the same keyboard with no numbers. I want the number one first but have to hit the 2 dots button first. Anyone else have this problem? I will search for other threads too.

EDIT: I see that I can double press the sym key to get the second layout.

But, where on earth does one find all these tricks in one place? I can read a manual but have not found one that explains all these details.