Using Gmail on my Classic. No matter what I do I am unable to file emails from the Blackberry Hub into any Gmail folders. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 07:09 PM
    Did you press and hold on the item and then choose File from the pop-up menu on the right?
    10-11-15 12:00 AM
    Did you press and hold on the item and then choose File from the pop-up menu on the right?
    Yes, exactly this. My understanding is that after an email is filed in the desired folder that the email can then be deleted from the Hub. However, after supposedly filing the email and then deleting the email from the Hub, the entire email then gets deleted permanently from the designated email folder I filed it in. Am I doing something wrong or missing something here?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 12:08 AM
    You first said that you couldn't file (move) emails from you Gmail Inbox to another folder. Now you're saying that you can delete an email regardless of which folder it is in.

I usually leave my messages in the Gmail inbox and delete them from there, but I just moved a message to another folder and deleted it from there. Either way once it is deleted it is gone from the Hub and my phone.

When deleting messages, I always have the option to just delete the item from the Hub or delete it from the Hub and the (remote) Server.

If you aren't able to do this, I suggest you try deleting your Gmail account and then set it up again.
    10-11-15 12:47 AM
    Go into the hub settings and turn off "show read filed messages".

Posted via CB10
    BarefootBerry likes this.
    10-11-15 12:57 AM
    Thank you for the help and replies. I did adjust my Hub settings as you advised. My issue is that after both reading an email from the Hub and then filing the email message into an email folder, the email still shows itself in the Hub. I like to keep my Hub organized and don't want to see previously dealt-with emails. However, again, if I delete an email in the Hub after filing it, it automatically deletes it from whatever email folder I have filed it in. I guess I will just have to deal with looking at previously read emails in my Hub and not being able to delete them from the Hub. Is this the way the Hub is set up to work, or is it just me? Starting to think the Hub is intended to show the emails, no matter what you do with them.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 01:24 AM